Issue with Free Download Manager

Caeldom

I have an issue with CCleaner and Free Download Manager.

It seems after I clean my system, my custom user folder settings are deleted from Free Download Manager. I'd like to get to the bottom of this and find exactly which files I need to exclude in order to prevent this from happening as I have to reconfigure folder settings in FDM after every clean. Does anyone else use FDM and has encountered/fixed this problem?

For additional info, these are the settings I clean with in CC.

ccleanersettings.th.png

Dan

I don't use this program but I have a pretty good idea of what could have happened. CC wipes in a number of cases simply too much.

1. I don't see a box called Free Download Manager in your Application pane. It seems CC didn't recognize you installed that program and then it won't wipe those settings as well.

2. Search for Free Download Manager on this webpage

http://forum.pirifor...?showtopic=1110

It details which entry/lines you must add to Winapp2.ini in order to wipe data from this program. It gives you some clues where this program stores it settings, e.g. in the registry and in what folder(s). One or more of these lines from this entry is responsible for wiping your settings. There're two different solutions:

-- Write your own Winapp2.ini entry and leave out those lines which wipe the settings you want to keep.

-- Add the lines that wipe the settings that you want to keep, to the Exclude section of CC.

System setup: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/gcNzIPEjEb0B2khOOBVCHPc

A discussion always stimulates the braincells !!!