Internet Browsers

Invictus

Hi all

Lately I'm getting miffed at some sites only accepting Internet Explorer as the internet browser.

I know Opera can be identified as IE, however some sites are still not loaded properly...so I want to try either Avant or Mathon (try being the operative word).

Any experience with either browser? What is the difference between the two? I will naturally be trying both during the week, but just wanted some input from you all.

PS I have been with Firefox for many months, until Opera became free.

G'day,

I used to use Maxthon (for over 12 months) and found no real problems with it, be aware though, it's built on the IE platform and therefore leaves you open to the issues with anything IE related.

Can't talk for Avant as it's not one I've used, however I have converted to Opera8 and don't see any issues with it at all, that is, all the sites I've been to have all loaded correctly. Could it be a setup problem with yours?

Cheers

Avant is not a bad browsers...but Maxthon would be better for IE shell...

Otherwise...Firefox and Opera both are good browser and recommend to use...K-meleon would be good if u need a lightweight browser...this is the only few i tested so far..

• Moderators
Opera is what Firefox is striving to be....someday

I disagree with you 100%. Opera has lots of strange little issues that no other browser has. One that drove me crazy(especially on forums) is that you cant highlight text and then drag it. Anther problem I had on forums is that it had problems with the code buttons.

It is fast but if you use the firetune program firefox is faster. Also the default options on opera are strange. Since it tried to load everything from its cache it was hard to tell if someone responeded on the forums.