Speccy Temperatures are correct?

rushbc

I just got Speccy DLed to my HP laptop just now. This laptop is my only computer, so I have no basis of comparison.

But the temperatures displayed are in Celsius ©. According to Speccy, my CPU is at 89 degrees Celsius, which is almost 200 degrees Fahrenheit!!!

Can this be correct? And if so, is that normal? 200 degrees F cannot be good for anything electronic, so I have to assume it is actually 89 degrees F, and the C symbol is a mistake?

Is my computer about to melt into a pool of molten plastic and metal and silicon? Or am I crazy?

• 3 weeks later...

What processor are you running? some processors are happy to run around 80 degrees C, others will choke and die way before that.

-Fred

from speccy:

AMD Turion X2 RM-70 70 ?C

Griffin 65nm Technology

running an AMD Turion X2 64 (in a 2.5 yr old HP/Compaq laptop).

I just got Speccy DLed to my HP laptop just now. This laptop is my only computer, so I have no basis of comparison.

But the temperatures displayed are in Celsius ©. According to Speccy, my CPU is at 89 degrees Celsius, which is almost 200 degrees Fahrenheit!!!

Can this be correct? And if so, is that normal? 200 degrees F cannot be good for anything electronic, so I have to assume it is actually 89 degrees F, and the C symbol is a mistake?

Is my computer about to melt into a pool of molten plastic and metal and silicon? Or am I crazy?

You are not crazy. The temperature readings are Incorrect. It states that my HDD is 216 degree Celsius. To the touch, it is maybe 32 degree Celsius. Otherwise, my whole machine would have melted by now or at least shutdown due to disk failure.

Hard Drives

SAMSUNG SV1204H

Manufacturer SAMSUNG

Interface IDE

Capacity 117GB

Temperature 193 °C

Temperature Range bad (greater than 55 °C)

Status Good

Other portion of the system specs:

Everything else seems pretty accurate, which I have noticed.

Operating System

MS Windows XP Home 32-bit SP2

CPU

AMD Athlon XP

Cores 1

Threads 1

Name AMD Athlon XP

Specification AMD Athlon XP 2600+

Motherboard

Manufacturer MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD

Model MS-6390

Version 0n41411RE101CROSS

Tested with Speccy 1.03.162

Piriform, please fix this issue. Thank you!

Namespro.ca - goo.gl/9eoyWw - Canadian owned domain service provider. CIRA certified registrar.
GTribe - PC Giveaway - goo.gl/LZPGRh : Preregister to be entered as they are announced. Many drawn this year. See you there!