Disk Drive (error 39)

Lyronx

For some reason my optical drive has stopped working. When I looked at device manager it says "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)" I don't know what happened, I didn't install any new program or changed settings. I was just working on my documents and rebooted my PC. After that I couldn't find my D: Drive on "My Computer". I tried updating the drive but it said its fully updated. I don't know if I should uninstall it because I might need some special program to install it back or if I could ever install it back. HELP ME please!

For some reason my optical drive has stopped working. When I looked at device manager it says "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)" I don't know what happened, I didn't install any new program or changed settings. I was just working on my documents and rebooted my PC. After that I couldn't find my D: Drive on "My Computer". I tried updating the drive but it said its fully updated. I don't know if I should uninstall it because I might need some special program to install it back or if I could ever install it back. HELP ME please!

I found the following info re your "code 39" message, hope it helps.

Error message

When installing or reinstalling drivers (drivers) a device, it is possible that Windows displays the following error message:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39).

Solution

Make a backup of the registry.

Go to menu Start and select Run.

Type regedit and select OK.

Remove Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values of the following key to the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Restart your computer to save all configuration.

Taken from: Code 39 explanation

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"

Thats what my link shows to Tasgandy :)

Must be worth a try!

Sorry Hazelnut, it's late and I missed seeing your link, till I just had another look, I think it's time for bed, all this Linux learning stuff is exhausting. :blink:

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"