Deleting contents of folders

electrojim

A while back I asked about deleting certain folders that contain personal info. At that time it was 'profile' folders under Yahoo IM. I had added these to CC for cleaning, but it doesn't touch them, so I have to drag them to the Recycle Bin manually.

I just tried adding the C:\unzipped folder in the CC 'Include' list, and CC automatically entered C:\unzipped\*.* as it did for the Yahoo files before. But running CC does not touch this folder either. Is there a special procedure for indicating a folder to be cleaned when it contains other folders? I can see how CC might have a problem if the folder were somehow locked, but I can manually delete items in these folders with no problem.

In the Windows tab, check "Custom files/folders" :)

Thanks for the hint, Panda, but it's checked for sure. Funny, because CC will dump the contents of my CryptnetUrlCache folders just fine, and will even report what was cleaned with a right-click. But the others (Yahoo Messenger Profiles and Unzipped) just aren't touched at all.

One thing that is strange, however: when I click Add to browse to folders I want to clean, I get an error message from CC, telling me that SHFOLDER.dll didn't load. But after that message appears once, it doesn't come back, and folders are added to the list nonethelesspost-28024-127690622074_thumb.jpg(see attachment).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the hint, Panda, but it's checked for sure. Funny, because CC will dump the contents of my CryptnetUrlCache folders just fine, and will even report what was cleaned with a right-click. But the others (Yahoo Messenger Profiles and Unzipped) just aren't touched at all.

One thing that is strange, however: when I click Add to browse to folders I want to clean, I get an error message from CC, telling me that SHFOLDER.dll didn't load. But after that message appears once, it doesn't come back, and folders are added to the list nonethelesspost-28024-127690622074_thumb.jpg(see attachment).

Well it could be because your running Microsoft Vista Home Premium but i don't know for sure. Did you try uninstalling CCleaner and reinstalling? That may help.