HTML Thingy

Ultimate Predator

My friend tells me of Microsoft Front page, where you create what you want just by normal typing and moving pictures around (how the hell would you do links to one page from another?), and then it converts all the stuff you've done into HTML, which you can then host. Is there a good, free programn out there that does the same?

I don't want just somehting like Notepad where you just write out everything in HTML and then save as an HTML document, I mean an actual converter, if there is one?

Also, what good free hosters are there out there?

You are not alone, see here.

I used to use Frontpage, but then went over to NVU.

Frontpage includes more features, but webpages probably wont validate, whereas with nvu they will validate to w3c standards.

As for how to use them, I am still a noob really and could not begin to explain, you need a 17 year old son like I have to explain things.

• Moderators
I have PeoplePC dial-up

A question for you. Does PeoplePC dial-up have any adware or spyware?

I'm asking because I'm either going to switch to PeoplePC dial-up or Netscape dial-up since $19.95 per month with my current ISP InterLink is too much for a turtle paced connection.

A question for you. Does PeoplePC dial-up have any adware or spyware?

I'm asking because I'm either going to switch to PeoplePC dial-up or Netscape dial-up since $19.95 per month with my current ISP InterLink is too much for a turtle paced connection.

PeoplePC Online just has pop-up blocker and virus blocker. I don't use the Online software anyway cause it has a sign-on page that sets in the taskbar like AOL. When they changed formats a couple of years ago, I used the XP Connection wizard to make a seperate connection. That gets me online without the software with it's sign-on page, toolbar and other crap. $10.95 for PeoplePC is without tech support, with tech support is $15.95, add $2.95 if you want the spam blocker.

• Moderators

Thanks for the info Sniper.

PeoplePC doesn't sound all that great.

I'm currently trying the Netscape dial-up trial, the $9.95 one that is.

The connection is alright (for dial-up) however the god aweful Netscape ToolBar is a bit annoying and big however it can atleast be minimized, what's also annoying is automatic browser loading during logon. :angry:

Now I'm starting to think $19.95 isn't that bad considering I haven't used any annoying in my face ISP software since the middle of 2000 when I gladly cancelled AOL.

Thanks for the info Sniper.

PeoplePC doesn't sound all that great.

I'm currently trying the Netscape dial-up trial, the $9.95 one that is.

The connection is alright (for dial-up) however the god aweful Netscape ToolBar is a bit annoying and big however it can atleast be minimized, what's also annoying is automatic browser loading during logon. :angry:

Now I'm starting to think $19.95 isn't that bad considering I haven't used any annoying in my face ISP software since the middle of 2000 when I gladly cancelled AOL.

Try what I did with People and set up a connection with the connection wizard and screw the toolbar and browser window. If you change your ISP, for God's sake, stay away from NetZero. My brother tried them when they had a free ISP and he had to reformat his computer to get rid of all of the crap they stuck in it.

• Moderators
Try what I did with People and set up a connection with the connection wizard and screw the toolbar and browser window. If you change your ISP, for God's sake, stay away from NetZero. My brother tried them when they had a free ISP and he had to reformat his computer to get rid of all of the crap they stuck in it.

Ha ha, that's what I'm doing with Netscape, the software is only needed to activate the account after that it can be removed and the connection can be made using MS's Dial-Up Networking.

I already know about NetZero, I used to use them as a secondary ISP when I used AOL back in 2000, that's one ISP I don't trust at all since it will download and install anything it wants to.

I already know about NetZero, I used to use them as a secondary ISP when I used AOL back in 2000, that's one ISP I don't trust at all since it will download and install anything it wants to.

You had AOL AND NetZero at the same time!!!?? It's a miracle that your computer didn't have a meltdown. :lol: