Arrogance

allthumbs

I was advised before I joined this forum, not to do so. I was told, "Don't bother - they are all too busy congratulating themselves on how smart they are to actually take the time to inform someone who is not 'tech-savvy,' in order for them to become more informed. They're like surgeons: anyone who isn't them, isn't worthy of their time. They think they have nothing to learn from anyone else, because only their disciplines contain any 'real' information.

Because I believe in people, I denied that this would be the only possible outcome, and tried to get help here. Now, I'm sorry to say, I do believe it. When I posted a problem, the basic response was "Don't bother trying to understand this, it's all beyond you." When I objected,anhd asked for the information to make a choice myself, the further response was "Mind what your betters tell you, you fool!"

You folks see yourselves as the leading edge, I'm sure, but your attitudes are so reactionary that I'm surprised you approve of fire! It is this kind of "unthink," and refusal to take personal responsibility for one's own decisions, that leads to revolution, because it encourages leaders NOT to listen.

Bah, humbugs!

Please calm down...you're the only one who made such a negative comment in months.

Your only posts are in an AVG-related thread. Rorschach112 answered all your questions, so I don't see why you are complaining.

Besides, Hazelnut was just trying to be friendly and to help you - locked files usually mean something is wrong in your computer.

You are the one being unfriendly here - not us :)

Piriform French translator

• Moderators

allthumbs all I can say is that you must have misinterpreted what advice was given to you.

We were concerned that your problems may have been malware related and so suggested something that would have sorted that out.

At no time do I see in the replies to you that you were treated in an unfriendly manner.

I get the feeling that perhaps whatever is suggested to you may not meet with your approval.

However should you wish to participate in our forum, or ask any questions you are more than welcome to do so :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I agree with Hazel here. :)

...and who in the world would say that about this amazing forum :huh:

I am 17, and I'd rather be doing something else, but this Forum has been so good to me that I keep coming back! They make me feel at home here, man.

Simplicity is hard.

• Moderators

I've read all your posts, and it's pretty evident from them that you came here with a preconceived opinion of this forum, and the people on it.

You were treated with politeness and patience by each member who tried to offer you advice. Advice which you didn't want to accept.

Your comments are misguided and out of line, and actually quite insulting to each and every volunteer member and moderator on here who gives up their time for free to help folk like yourself.

You are most welcome, like every new member, to become part of this community, and if you took the time to study this forum over a reasonable period of time, you would realise how wrong your opinions are.

No one twisted your arm to come here, but they certainly influenced your opinion, and no ones gonna twist your arm to stay.

Can't make it any plainer than that.

:)

• Moderators

Sounds like trolling to me, just to upset the forum.

If the op doesn't want to accept the free help and advice that's his/her decision since we can instead help people that actually need, want, and appreciate the help.

I was advised before I joined this forum, not to do so. I was told, "Don't bother - they are all too busy congratulating themselves on how smart they are to actually take the time to inform someone who is not 'tech-savvy,' in order for them to become more informed. They're like surgeons: anyone who isn't them, isn't worthy of their time. They think they have nothing to learn from anyone else, because only their disciplines contain any 'real' information.

Because I believe in people, I denied that this would be the only possible outcome, and tried to get help here. Now, I'm sorry to say, I do believe it. When I posted a problem, the basic response was "Don't bother trying to understand this, it's all beyond you." When I objected,anhd asked for the information to make a choice myself, the further response was "Mind what your betters tell you, you fool!"

You folks see yourselves as the leading edge, I'm sure, but your attitudes are so reactionary that I'm surprised you approve of fire! It is this kind of "unthink," and refusal to take personal responsibility for one's own decisions, that leads to revolution, because it encourages leaders NOT to listen.

Bah, humbugs!

Allthumbs it is a shame that you have adopted this "humbug attitude", and with your permission I would like to ask you to settle down, take a big deep breath and look very carefully at just what you have stated in your "verbal broadside" post as above.

If your statements above were true, you would not be receiving so many forum members still attempting to help you by explaining themselves and their actions, and continuing to offer you a platform where you can ask for and receive advice, ideas and suggestions for any questions you may still have now and in the future.

Now how about starting all over again, because you most likely still have the same issues/problems; did you try any of the advice? did you report back on the outcomes? has the situation improved? or is it worse?

PS: as Talldog9 asked you, who was it that told you not to join the forum? B)

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"

Answers to comments:

To Red Panda: Red Panda said , "Your only posts are in an AVG-related thread. Rorschach112 answered all your questions, so I don't see why you are complaining."- No, I guess you wouldn't see. Fish don't see water, either. Rorschach112 did not answer my questions, but reiterated the attitude to which I objected: "Its (sic) a good idea to follow the advice of moderators?" and gave me simply a ukase; "No you shouldn't unlock files." Where in that post did you see actual answers? That post can be defined as "Mind, you fool!"

And to this: "Besides, Hazelnut was just trying to be friendly and to help you - locked files usually mean something is wrong in your computer.

You are the one being unfriendly here - not us"

Well, well! What a nice weasel-word usually is, to be sure! Did you entirely miss the point? I was asking for information that would help me decide whether to follow Hazelnut's advice, and I got a null.

Being unfriendly? Terrific! Are you by any chance a bureaucrat? If you can't find a solution, then it's important to find someone to blame.

To Hazelnut: You said, "allthumbs all I can say is that you must have misinterpreted what advice was given to you. We were concerned that your problems may have been malware related and so suggested something that would have sorted that out."

Exactly my point! If my problems may have been malware related, they may also NOT have been. Such a solution, which involves NOT defining the problem, is like a surgeon saying, "Pains in the torso? Well, let's remove your gallbladder and see if that solves the problem!" Oddly enough, I don't want to accept that advice. Why should I spend hours of (what I consider my valuable) time implementing a solution to a problem I may NOT have?

And then you said, "I get the feeling that perhaps whatever is suggested to you may not meet with your approval. " Is this an ever-so-subtle way of saying that since I'm obviously just a crank, my concerns are not legitimate, and can therefore be dismissed, right along with me? It is sad to find an "expert" needing such transparent ego-propping, instead of wanting to address an actual problem.

Altogether, your reply illustrates, in delicious detail, the attitude I describe.

To ishan_rulz: You said "They make me feel at home here, man." Well, of course they do. Since you are 17, most probably you cut your first teeth on a mouse, therefore you are a member of the elect.

To DennisD: You posted, "I've read all your posts, and it's pretty evident from them that you came here with a preconceived opinion of this forum, and the people on it." Nope. Read my first post in this thread again. I came with an open mind, hoping to get information.

And then you springboarded into, "You were treated with politeness and patience by each member who tried to offer you advice. Advice which you didn't want to accept." Oh, my! Does the fact that I did not choose to blindly accept the advice (which, since they did not have all the facts, was based on opinions only) mean that I am a beast and an outcast? Hmmm. . . is this another illustration of my premise that the people here think that they are superior to those who don't find all necessary Truth contained in technology, or mere coincidence? Tell me, does anyone on this forum ever bother to question their own assumptions? How unscientific!

And as for "...quite insulting to each and every volunteer member and moderator on here who gives up their time for free to help folk like yourself." Oooo. Do I detect a bit of an "us and them" division here? Wake up and smell the condescension!

To put a cherry on top, you then added, "No one twisted your arm to come here, but they certainly influenced your opinion, and no ones gonna twist your arm to stay.

Can't make it any plainer than that."

What a semi-polite way to say that I am not invited to rock the boat! More acceptance and encouragement of the idea that it is not acceptable to question authority, if more were needed! I do not question established facts - we all must perforce do business with gravity, for instance - but I certainly do reserve the right to question pretentiousness.

To Talldog9: who told me not to join? Why? Do you want to put her/him on an enemies list? Shades of McCarthy!

To Andavari: No, I am not "trolling? just to upset the forum." I am simply asking you, all of you, to examine why a forum that is composed of people who clearly consider themselves the leading edge of a society based on technology, must also consider themselves above the rules of simple logic, and who run about frothing when someone points out that the Emperor is naked! (For those of you who might be unfamiliar with this reference, I suggest you search amongst the tales of Hans Christian Anderson, for one written in 1837.)

And my response to your "since we can instead help people that actually need, want, and appreciate the help," would have to be, "Awww! Did I hurt your feelings? " You see, I do need the help, I do want the help - but I didn't GET the help! I wanted information, not blanket solutions for the uninformed! And because I wanted to make an informed choice, I have been told what I already knew - that I'm not informed! This, you define as HELP? I wonder why it's unappreciated!

To Tasgandy: When you state, "If your statements above were true, you would not be receiving so many forum members still attempting to help you by explaining themselves and their actions, . . ." I must ask you why you regard self-justification by your members as any kind of "help."

I have not followed the "advice" given, because I object to implementing a solution to an as yet undefined problem. If, in fact, you are "never to old to learn," you might want to offer me ways to better define the problem, such as letting me know if it's possible to discover when, and by whom, the "locks" were placed on certain files.

To redhawk: At least other members engaged. You sat on the sidelines and stayed out of the line of fire, until it was "safe" to come in with a smart remark. I have more respect for those who actually responded, even if they were not helpful, than for a person who merely used an opportunity to "score" off another's difficulties. Tch! Being "above it all" is an attitude for which I have no time.

Finally, to all, let me reiterate: I want to get more information of substantive value. If anyone is interested in actual explanation, I'd be pleased to hear from him, her, it (perhaps there's an AI out there who has info, without personal agenda), or them. I will return, to see if my further inquiry has borne any cogent fruit.

[For any who are unfamiliar with some words I used, I suggest encarta.msn.com as a good dictionary. Feel free to decide for yourselves to which listed meanings I refer. ]

• Moderators

Rorschach112 is the forum Spyware Moderator who replied to you in your AVG thread..

a) Its a file that cannot be scanned, cant get its MD5, loads of other potential issues

Locked files are usually due to malware or a security program

c) No you shouldn't unlock files.

I cannot think of anyone better qualified to help you. You got things the wrong way around, you had a potential malware problem due to your experience when a website wouldn't let you leave it.

For some reason you didn't want to deal with that possibility and instead seem hellbent on insulting members who tried to offer advice.

I am closing this thread now due to your attitude.

Also you are banned

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com