Hotmail

hazelnut

No matter hat revamp, i always view @hotmail.* as a teenie bopper email.

That's why you can get a @live.* address instead of an @hotmail.* one wink.gif

Piriform French translator

I have a @live.com account since a very long time.

Plus, I have added my Yahoo! and Gmail account to it, so I can check all my E-mails from one place.

Looking forward to the revamp. Yes, it could use a little/lot of tweaking here and there.

Simplicity is hard.

That's why you can get a @live.* address instead of an @hotmail.* one wink.gif

i dont understand?

Either way i prefer my own server

No fate but what we make

i dont understand?

Either way i prefer my own server

When registering an Hotmail account, you can chose between @hotmail.* (e.g. @hotmail.fr for France) and @live.* (e.g. @live.fr for France);)

• Moderators

I'd rather they sorted out the amount of spam that gets sent from Hotmail accounts <_<

That's why I stopped using Hotmail ages ago, I simply gave up on it and my mother constantly deals with all the spam. When there's more spam than actual legit emails it's time switch to another provider.

I wanted to go Gmail but I have so many things attached to my E-mail that I cannot afford to, at least till my High School is over. :(

Even my username is from the "stupid-age-to-make-an-EmailID" era.

Simplicity is hard.

• Moderators

Out of all my email accounts, including hotmail, only Opera Mail and Yahoo Mail are completely spam free.

After a bad time with spam a year or so ago, Yahoo has really gotten on top of it with a spam free experience. Opera I've only used for a few months, but spam free so far.

• Moderators

Out of all my email accounts, including hotmail, only Opera Mail and Yahoo Mail are completely spam free.

After a bad time with spam a year or so ago, Yahoo has really gotten on top of it with a spam free experience. Opera I've only used for a few months, but spam free so far.

Opera Mail is very spam free and it's what I switched to years ago. The amount of spam I get on Opera Mail I can literally count on one hand for a full year. However I also have set up some good filters that bounces anything spammy into the Junk or Trash folders.

That's why I stopped using Hotmail ages ago, I simply gave up on it and my mother constantly deals with all the spam. When there's more spam than actual legit emails it's time switch to another provider.

I've got an Hotmail account I use for some websites (when I don't want to give my true e-mail address), and it never gets any spam in the Inbox. Maybe it's because it's still an @windowslive.com account - they don't exist any more - and smappers don't target them :huh:

I've been using yahoo.com for quite some time now and with very little spam problems. I say very little because a few months ago I received 1 email telling me I could get very rich by helping this fellow deposit millions into my bank account as a way of him getting his money safely out of his country. Naturally I agreed and then ran away with his millions. Oops! Hopefully he won't see this post and track me down ;)

• Moderators

I use my live email more than any other now.

Gmail despite what most claim gives me more spam than any other. My yahoo address is still active since its my first, but I try to get all my important emails and emails from friends/family at my live account. I don't get spam at all on that account, plus the live mail desktop client is fantastic in the way it syncs.