Time Freeze misbehaving

kroozer

Are any other users having Time Freeze trubbs?

Twice now when I switched off Time Freeze to save the cache it has crashed along with Windows, goes into Check Disk, reboots and I find has trashed all my Restore Points. Has been working fine since 4/17 until Fr 6/4 and again today 6/9.

Am I the only victim?

Are any other users having Time Freeze trubbs?

Twice now when I switched off Time Freeze to save the cache it has crashed along with Windows, goes into Check Disk, reboots and I find has trashed all my Restore Points. Has been working fine since 4/17 until Fr 6/4 and again today 6/9.

Am I the only victim?

Check their support area

http://support.wondershare.com/

Check their support area

I emailed them already. So far received just an automated acknowledgment. Must wait up to 48 hrs for help. I decided to query the membership while waiting. Probably many of us installed that software when icedrake posted the link back in April.

Corrupted copy? My original dl 4/17 was 2157 KB, re-dl today is 2196 KB (39 KB more!!) and reinstalled. Haven't tried it yet.

Ran full sys scans with Spybot, Defender, Mbam, Avast. No malware found.

Meanwhile I am evaluating Returnil RVS 2010 Home Free.

• 3 weeks later...

Update on Time Freeze crash.

Wondershare support informed me that Time Freeze is not compatible with CCleaner and that I must uninstall one of them!!

Well it's goodbye Time Freeze. :lol:

btw, Returnil has run smoothly since installing 6/9.

Update on Time Freeze crash.

Wondershare support informed me that Time Freeze is not compatible with CCleaner and that I must uninstall one of them!!

That's sure interesting. I've been running both for a several months now with no problems at all. Where did they say the incompatibility lies? Possibly some other conflict??

That's sure interesting. I've been running both for a several months now with no problems at all. Where did they say the incompatibility lies? Possibly some other conflict??

Only explanation provided is that the two programs "may have similar buttom [sic]. So please choose install one of them."

In attempting to define the word buttom - it translates to button in Icelandic, a mushroom on Wiki; and found some links on Google including one in Spanish on WordReference.com Language Forums.

None seem to be relevant. confused-smiley-001.gif