Incorrect Memory Speed Reported DDR3 PC3-10700

daocampo

The correct speed for DDR3 PC3-10700 is 1333 MHz. Speccy is reporting the wrong speed at 667 MHz. DDR3 type does not have a speed running at 667 MHz!!!! Only 1333 MHz is possible. Freeware program CPU-Z is also reporting memory speed incorrectly.

I stand corrected. Please note further research on Wikipedia reveals the following helpful information. Wikipedia notes, "Sometimes, a vendor may misleadingly advertise the I/O clock rate by labeling the MT/s as MHz." This is exactly what Sony has done for this product's specs on their website for their new model #VPCF112FX. The memory type installed in this model is DDR3-1333 which runs at a maximum I/O bus clock speed of 667 MHz and a maximum data rate of 1333 MT/s. The specs posted to the Sony website are incorrect in that it states the Type/Speed is DDR3/1333MHz. The "1333" speed reference pertains to MT/s (data rate) not MHz (I/O bus clock). Sony needs to correct their website specs for this product. It is misleading because no DD3 type memory runs at a maximum of 1333 MHz. The fastest DDR3 type memory speed as of the date of this comment is DDR3-1600 running at max 800 MHz. I have sent an email to Sony asking them to correct the product specs posted on their website. Speccy has reported the correct I/O bus clock rate.

• 1 year later...

I stand corrected. Please note further research on Wikipedia reveals the following helpful information. Wikipedia notes, "Sometimes, a vendor may misleadingly advertise the I/O clock rate by labeling the MT/s as MHz." This is exactly what Sony has done for this product's specs on their website for their new model #VPCF112FX. The memory type installed in this model is DDR3-1333 which runs at a maximum I/O bus clock speed of 667 MHz and a maximum data rate of 1333 MT/s. The specs posted to the Sony website are incorrect in that it states the Type/Speed is DDR3/1333MHz. The "1333" speed reference pertains to MT/s (data rate) not MHz (I/O bus clock). Sony needs to correct their website specs for this product. It is misleading because no DD3 type memory runs at a maximum of 1333 MHz. The fastest DDR3 type memory speed as of the date of this comment is DDR3-1600 running at max 800 MHz. I have sent an email to Sony asking them to correct the product specs posted on their website. Speccy has reported the correct I/O bus clock rate.

A system with dual-channel memory will deliver twice the peak memory bandwidth

2 x 667mhz