Auto-update

Hello,

I've been using CCleaner for quite some time now (along with Defraggler) and one thing that bugs me and IMO could be solved better is the update process. CCleaner has quite frequent updates and it IS a pain in the ass to download whole installer and check all those boxes or whatnot again and AGAIN without any reason whatsoever. Surely this can be made easier? New version is available, do you want to update? Yes. Downloading update... installing update... Update complete. Wouldn't it be nice? Instead of 3 minutes every update it would take what? 10 seconds at most? It would be really amazing. 3 minutes is not that many but I have lot of applications installed and if every single one of them required manual update I'd probably explode.

Amen! I've used ccleaner for years and years and probably updated 100 times. So annoying. Plus I'm the resident computer geek helping office staff and they leave it updated for YEARS. That's not good for Ccleaner's reputation in the long run if things go awry due to human error (which is due to the nag update process).

I've seen this request for the past four years but never added. I guess they must really want people to add that Yahoo or Ask toolbar!

Maybe if you both bothered to search for this question it would become clear

piriform owes u nothing

No fate but what we make

Of course they owe me nothing. But

a) they DO constantly improve their product and welcome suggestions;

B) they do hope to preserve their reputation, do they not?

Charge $3 for auto update and I'd pay it. I pay it for the really good Firefox add ons. Given the number of comments requesting auto update, I think many people would pay $3 (that seems to be the price point for small features like that).

But, yes, they don't owe me anything and I don't owe them anything either. Ha!

Of course they owe me nothing. But

a) they DO constantly improve their product and welcome suggestions;

B) they do hope to preserve their reputation, do they not?

Charge $3 for auto update and I'd pay it. I pay it for the really good Firefox add ons. Given the number of comments requesting auto update, I think many people would pay $3 (that seems to be the price point for small features like that).

But, yes, they don't owe me anything and I don't owe them anything either. Ha!

Then read up on reasons why it's not added, i could not think of one ff addon worth money

No fate but what we make

Then read up on reasons why it's not added, i could not think of one ff addon worth money

Thanks for your help. (NOT)

Capturefox was worth $3 to me but to each his/her own. Keep up the nasty attitude. It's very becoming. . .

http://docs.piriform.com/ccleaner/using-ccleaner/checking-for-ccleaner-updates

That's all they say. Roger and out. I can see this forum doesn't have answers -- only nasty comments.

Downloading update... installing update... Update complete...

Well, sounds quite a hard work... I'll focus on it next time that I come across it

No need to "check boxes", as I have set "save settings on *.ini file"

As for the toolbar I choose CCleaner Slim (Installer, no toolbar) here

this forum doesn't have answers -- only nasty comments

I'll focus on it next time that I come across it

(7/11)

.!-!-!-!.

EsseCi @ logoyn.png

@jjb2009... This is (one of the) best forums on the Internet, if you don't like it, well... that's just bad for you.

CCleaner is a free app, and the Devs try hard to keep it that way for OUR convenience. For people like me (17 year old) living in India it would be difficult to pay even that much as I don't own a credit card.

Simplicity is hard.

Thanks for your help. (NOT)

Capturefox was worth $3 to me but to each his/her own. Keep up the nasty attitude. It's very becoming. . .

http://docs.piriform.com/ccleaner/using-ccleaner/checking-for-ccleaner-updates

That's all they say. Roger and out. I can see this forum doesn't have answers -- only nasty comments.

why should ccleaner follow other software? you want to use it, use it, you dont then dont,

are you going to pay the monthly bandwidth of 350 million downloads of updates per month?

im sure your $3 will go a long way

No fate but what we make

Your arrogant attitude is completely uncalled for. This is a suggestion forum, so I posted a suggestion. I never said Piriform owes me anything. I value freeware and freeware developers a lot, but that's off-topic. If you have nothing of value to add, please refrain from posting and turning this topic into a flamewar.

I'd say that instead of offering a whole .exe installer, authors could offer only the updated files for download that the application would get for you and overwrite whatever is neccessary. It's a matter of convenience for your users and it would be great if you'd consider changing the current update process.

• Moderators

Can I just welcome lordfrikk and jjb2009 to the forums :)

Before anymore 'warm' words are exchanged I'd just like to thank members, old and new, for their thoughts and suggestions in this thread.

The developers are aware of all these posts as they read them daily.

Lets just wait and see.

Thread closed.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com