Add Startup Items

I tend to agree, On a side note you got a lot of start up items aint ya.

No fate but what we make

But all of them, I use :)

AND I have good RAM so doesn't really make a difference I think.

Download Manager

Dictionary

Dock

uTorrent

Messenger

Virtual Disc

Anti Virus/Anti Spyware

Unlocker

Graphic Card Controller

QuickSet

Bluetooth

ERUNT

CCleaner

Simplicity is hard.

• Moderators

anti virus program will probablyt scream and cry if ccleaner tried to add a program other than itself into the startup section. . . though that said, Nirsoft's "Startup manager" does it so maybe I am wrong. though again ccleaner's mission is cleaning not mucking with (it doesn't allow you to add reg entries or system restore points or install software either)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

RAM won't make a difference at all. Processor, and disk read speed, will. wink.gif

Ram WILL make a difference.

Processor speed makes a difference, but the importance of ram cannot be overstated enough. If you run out of RAM & the PC switches to paging to the harddisk, it is a LOOOOOTTTT slower. Make a computer go from a rabbit to a snail.

Yes, Ram is important.

So is the processor.

Adding a startup adder, well, I didn't think of that, but it does sound like something useful, so I give it a thumbs up. Why include a startup manager if it isn't a complete one?

But all of them, I use :)

AND I have good RAM so doesn't really make a difference I think.

All of them every time you start up?

nergal: I can only vouch for avast and say it would not be effected by entrys being added,

No fate but what we make

Ram WILL make a difference.

Processor speed makes a difference, but the importance of ram cannot be overstated enough. If you run out of RAM & the PC switches to paging to the harddisk, it is a LOOOOOTTTT slower. Make a computer go from a rabbit to a snail.

Yes, Ram is important.

So is the processor.

Adding a startup adder, well, I didn't think of that, but it does sound like something useful, so I give it a thumbs up. Why include a startup manager if it isn't a complete one?

Well, yes, if you have really small amounts of RAM it will slow everything down, but if you have more than 1 GB, it won't.

Piriform French translator

Well, yes, if you have really small amounts of RAM it will slow everything down, but if you have more than 1 GB, it won't.

That depends. I have 2 GB ram, & have had up to 2.5 Gb on mine. Right now though, 2 GB.

I found 1 to be inadequate. I did have slowdowns with 1 GB. As I used Firefox, when I opened 30, 40, 200 tabs in Firefox, I noted that I was running out of mem, & the comp went to virtual ram on the harddisk. No, sometimes 1 GB is not enough. If you do video editing, use hundreds of tabs in firefox (I had up to 1,611 tabs open before) then yes, yes, yes, you do need more ram.

To some, this seems like an excessive amount of tabs, but here is why I do it. Speed, speed, speed. When downloading pics from sites like interfacelift.com website (yes, I mass download), it saves so much time to open them in new tabs in the reso you want, then save them. (Right click T for new tab, visit the tabs, save the pics, CTRL + W to close tabs.

Yes, it saves time! Also do it for downloading from freewarefiles!

I do need more than 1 GB ram, because I have to have firefox open for research, downloads, in addition to helping others find things, working on computers (external defrags, virus & malware scans, data recovery, you name it).

I have to have a fast comp + fast lots of ram, & I do use it all, nearly max out 2 GB at times!

• Moderators

I've wanted the 'Add' function myself for a long time, so it's a very good suggestion in my opinion. I used to use Spybot-S&D to add in a needed startup item, but really wish CCleaner had that ability.

I've wanted the 'Add' function myself for a long time, so it's a very good suggestion in my opinion. I used to use Spybot-S&D to add in a needed startup item, but really wish CCleaner had that ability.

There is always the simple Startup Folder (drag shortcut to startup folder on start menu...

So easy, so fast!

Even though it is easy, I still like the idea of adding it to CCleaner!

• 1 month later...

All of them every time you start up?

nergal: I can only vouch for avast and say it would not be effected by entrys being added,

Yeah, most of them.

Simplicity is hard.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I like the idea for an "add" option me too :)

There are one main reason that supports this suggestion in the first place...Sometimes users make mistakes and deletes entries they want to get back :rolleyes:

But sure, understand CCleaner doesn't come with the mission for anything else than cleaning.

It's about the service for your clients you know B)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Recently I also started thinking about this feature (adding programs in the Startup). In addition to buttons, an exception, in my opinion, should be a button "add", as you have to download third-party programs that sometimes, you see, not very comfortable.

And this innovation, I think it would be nice to the fans and users of the program CCleaner. :)

P.s. about memory. I think most modern computers use more than or equal to 2 gigabytes of RAM.

I think it is meaningless to talk about 1 GB or 2 GB or any number of GB with reference to the bit width.

When the application is running it is executing either 32 bit word or 64 bit word instructions.

I guess most of the 64 bit words are wasted space, but they still occupy memory.

I suggest that when running a given set of 32 bit applications,

if they occupy 100,000,000 off 32 bit words that is 400 MBytes on a 32 bit machine and 800 MBytes on a 64 bit machine.

If those applications are available as 64 bit executables they may have almost the same number of words.

This is why these limits are stipulated :-

If you want to run Windows 7 on your PC, here's what it takes:

1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)

as per.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/system-requirements