Ashampoo Burning Studio 2010 and AdAware Plus for free

JDPower

Courtesy of our friends over at V3, AdAware 8 Plus available free for 24 hours Thursday:

http://www.downloadjunkie.co.uk/2010/05/lavasoft-ad-awa-2.html

And the really rather good Ashampoo Burning Studio 2010 available free on Friday:

http://www.downloadjunkie.co.uk/2010/05/exclusively-fre.html

Apparently another free app to come for Monday too

Courtesy of our friends over at V3, AdAware 8 Plus available free for 24 hours Thursday:

http://www.downloadjunkie.co.uk/2010/05/lavasoft-ad-awa-2.html

And the really rather good Ashampoo Burning Studio 2010 available free on Friday:

http://www.downloadjunkie.co.uk/2010/05/exclusively-fre.html

Apparently another free app to come for Monday too

Thanks JD/ ;)

OS : MS windows XP pro sp3 Processor : AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core 3800, 2009Mhz.
Mother board : Gygabyte M61 PM-S2 Ram : 3GB
Disk space : 649.05 GB Default browser: Firefox
Protection : Sandboxie, MBam free version

One little thing I just remembered, if you go for the Ashampoo Burning Studio offer tomorrow and have to supply Ashampoo with an email address make sure you use a temp/junk email address. They do verge on spam with the amount of emails they send once they've got you email addy.

• Moderators

In case members make an assumption without checking JD, it's worth pointing out that your linked offer is for "Ashampoo Burning Studio 2010 Advanced" version, which has features over and above the free "Ashampoo Burning Studio 2010" normal version.

In case members make an assumption without checking JD, it's worth pointing out that your linked offer is for "Ashampoo Burning Studio 2010 Advanced" version, which has features over and above the free "Ashampoo Burning Studio 2010" normal version.

Good point Dennis. I would have pointed it out myself (if I'd actually noticed :D )

I have no idea what the difference is though, they do have a habit of making these names and differences up for free giveaways. It doesn't exist on their site and only exists on Google on sites talking about the offer :rolleyes:

Help me out JD, I've clicked everything there, no dl. Where's the magic button?

You have to register with the V3 site first so click the login button then fill in the "Create an account" section, then when you're logged in the download button is there (it was the same for all this weekends freebies but a small price to pay I suppose)

Got it dl'd. Tried installing, needed a promotion code, can't find it. Having difficulties with these guys. Looked everywhere.

It's at the bottom of the page I linked to. In BOLD AND CAPITAL LETTERS so no one can miss it :P

"Help" "About" says its a 15 day free trial?

Has a pretty complete startup item list, though.

That registry fixer looks pretty agressive, I am a bit afraid of it.

The Software Control > Installed Software scan rates Sandboxie as dangerous.

I guess it is a pretty good app, but you need to know quite a bit about your system to evaluate its findings. Be careful, eh?

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

Yep. Found the next hoop, got my 66 digit registration code. Thanks for pointing that out...who knew? :-)

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

Yup. Had to jump thru another hoop to register and make it permanent.

Ran it and it says I had 292 issues and doesn't like my autorun, etc etc. :P

Yeah, a bunch (about 60) of the reg entries were "start menu2" reg entries which CCleaner actually clears if you tick "Menu order cache". A bunch others I didn't like the look of at all.

Another thing I didn't like was the cleaner doesn't actually tell you the location (or size IIRC) of certain things it claims can be cleaned so you can't check them yourself (or add them to CCleaner's inclusions if they're worthwhile ;) ). One thing I did look into was its Avira cleaning, I assume CCleaner leaves these alone for the sake of beginners and to assist in virus removal, I have added both of these as inclusions in CCleaner:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\LOGFILES

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\FAILSAVE

Just as a disclaimer, I'm not suggesting anyone else add them as they can be important in the event of infection. I've done it as I'm comfortable with my security setup, browse with common sense and haven't had a malware scare for years.

It also wanted to delete:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\TEMP\avguard.tmp

Not only is it locked so can't be deleted anyway, it's recreated at every startup so pretty pointless.

• 3 weeks later...