Hint: Show Overclock Computer

MrG

I noticed just a little typo in the program interface under the hard disk drive information link, the temperature range for between 50 to 55 degrees Celsius shows the word "warn" next to it but that word should read "warm".

I have a suggestion to add a feature where the user can check a box in the program menu interface to display the CPU temperature when the program is minimized. It could be a feature where it displays the information in the Vista style system task tray or display the active CPU temp in a channel button on the task bar -- the channel button display is best for both Windows 7 task bar and Windows Vista because when the mouse pointer hovers over the channel button, a mini graphical meter of the CPU temperature can be displayed.

So far the beta is working smoothly and accurately for all my PC systems. Thanks.

First of all I would like to say that I really like your program(s).

I noticed that the values for my 4 CPU-cores are different, namely 2.4 GHz and 1.6 GHz.

To get a second opinion I tried out the Intel® Processor Identification Utility and it gave the uniform answer that all cores were 2.4 GHz.

post-36447-1269512260_thumb.jpg

I think this needs a checkup to function perfectly.

Thanks in advance

Colgate

I love Speccy, it's a great utility! Can you please add a feature to allow the program to be minized in the task tray and work in the background to continuously monitor the computer's processors for dangerous heat levels, and give the user the option to check a box that sends a command to gracefully shutdown the system before the heat level reaches critical which will then cause the system's internal hardware protection to perform a sudden shutdown which is not good and could cause file corruption and possible damage to the program files and the system registry especially when the hard disk drives are in the midst of writing data. Thanks.

I love Speccy, it's a great utility! Can you please add a feature to allow the program to be minized in the task tray and work in the background to continuously monitor the computer's processors for dangerous heat levels,

Speccy does minimize to the task bar what do you think the minimize button does?

Overheating can be a problem for a laptop. Mine will shutdown if it get too hot. It has a seperate fan switch but it doesn't switch on automatically when it gets too warm. ;)

WinXP SP3 and Vista Home Premium SP2

Under graphics section, it doesn't report the memory size for ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330. (512MB, etc)

Benahben the attached details my Graphics card correctly, albeit that my card is a NVIDIA GeForce 6200 Speccy shows all the information that you say is missing with your Graphics card. What information does it show?

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"

Hi

Thanks for creating ... wait for it.... AWESOME software :)

I am sure that speccy will evolve into a great prog.

I just wanted to add to the popularity of a different export type.

or maybe a print option -> detailed or summary

At a quick glance. I like it and will use daily to quickly and accuratley checks specs and current reports

Thanks Piriform!

Today I Installed Speccy On Windows XP SP3. I Liked This Software, This Software I Guess Will Help Many People For Searching Drives And Softwares Compatible With There System. But In First Use Itself I Got A Funny Bug In This Software. The Speccy Showed My Operating System As Windows XP SP3 And Installation Date As 07 May 2005, 20:54. And I Want To Tell You That Windows Xp SP3 Was Released In April 2008, Then How It Will Be Installed in 2005. If Don't Believe See The Screenshot:

SP3.jpg

Hi.

The first thing that popped into my head is that the clock was set incorrectly when installation occured. This happens to me sometimes when installing a fresh xp after resetting bios and then changing time. After reboot windows moans that my 30 days expired and i HAVE to activate right away. Lol a microsoft :P

I don't think thats a bug...

The first thing that popped into my head is that the clock was set incorrectly when installation occured. This happens to me sometimes when installing a fresh xp after resetting bios and then changing time.

Well change your CMOS battery polish_pumkinz. ;)

I really like the program, and it actually works unlike some others (at least with my pc)

One thing I would like to see though is an option to display all the current temps of your computer in your taskbar, like have it show the current CPU temp and then if you hover over it it slides out and shows you all of the other temps, HDD's, Motherboards ect.

Just a suggestion, keep up the good work.

• 2 weeks later...

Speccy crashes to a runtime error when trying to pull up hardware information regarding the 2.5" Seagate ST9681A 60.0GB HD in my laptop. Otherwise it works fine pulling up info on all the other devices on my laptop, and runs perfectly fine with all my desktop hardware.

To people asking for temp gauges for the CPU and GPU, my desktop at home shows a temp gauge for both the CPU and Video card, and my HD's. Are you sure you're using the latest d/l of Speccy? And are you sure your components have built-in temp sensors? My desktop does, yet my older laptop doesn't, so I get temp gauges when I run Speccy at home but not on my laptop.

I don't know if this has been suggested, but since Speccy makes an accurate analysis of everything (apparently including my drivers), perhaps it could also scan for updates? That'd be a very appreciated feature since i've tried at least 6 different driver updaters and none were reliable. Either they simply looked extremely unprofessional (like cartoon characters on the buttons), weren't free (*points at Driver Detective*), did everything behind the screens and showed no info whatsoever, ... The other thing is that they ALL gave me different updates of different drivers, which is sorta odd. I mean, program A says my nvidia is out of date, B says it's my sound and mouse, C says it's my built-in recovery program, D says my motherboard driver is too old, etc.

It'd be great if Speccy could do a driver update check, simply because

-Piriform is the only software company i really trust (really, you guys are just the best i know. Your software does what it has to do, nothing more or less)

-Speccy already does a pretty accurate scan, so it might be able to check for compatibility too (i dunno)

-there's no decent driver updater as of yet

-the websites aren't always easy to use for a manual check. Also, nvidia's (and probably others' too) own online driver check doesn't work and some sites are so f****** badly built you just can't read them or they don't give enough info to know if the driver is compatible and whatnot

Thanks for Speccy, hope you can do something like an update feature :)

I've mensioned this a while ago but this new version still shows the hard drive on my Vista laptop as IDE when its a SATA. I see they have added the INI option but there isn't any important info in there as there is with CCleaner. ;)

Great little tool, I think it can replace HWMonitor, GPU-Z and CPU-Z as it has most of the information of all 3 of these in 1 portable program...

...however I do notice a few things...

1) My ATI cards that are in crossfire, are shown as crossfire disabled.

2) My 10,000rpm VelociRaptor which is in AHCI interface is shown as 7,200rpm and IDE.

Other then that...you have a great program here!

Thank you Piriform for making great and free software!

But..

The final version of Speccy stays in the analyzing stage forever and renders my system non responding.

MSI-7100 mainboard (Nforce 4 based, socket 939, Athlon64 3500+ Winchester, 1024 MB Pc 3200 DDR memory, GeForce 6600GT PCIe, 2* sata HDD Windows XP prof SP3)