Hint: Show Overclock Computer

MrG

Speccy v1.00.057 Beta (9 Nov 2009): As others have reported, only finds first monitor. [i reported incorrectly "Also finds DVD drive, but not CD drive." Although Windows treats it as separate DVD and CD drives, there is only one physical drive. Sorry]

Like the software. Tested with Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Will not run by default install. Have to at least run as vista.

Incorrectly reports OS version. W7 64 bit ultimate registers as Vista 64 bit ultimate.

My bad, software does not ask for privilege escalation. Runs without OS emulation. Correctly reports Win7 Ultimate 64.

Sata devices reported as scsi devices though..

th_snapshot.jpg

I would Just Like to start off to say to the developers that this is BY FAR my favorite system utility information monitor...

Ive been using CPUID and HWMONITOR for quite some time now and this program just looks great and includes almost all the features I could possibly want...

Suggestions:, Each temperature reading has a current, minimum, and max temp reading... this is very usefull for monitoring temps...

Example below

Also, listing the cd/dvd drive firmware would be usefull...

post-27538-1258410557_thumb.png

post-27538-1258410557_thumb.png

Very nice utility program. Have it installed on a Windows 7 x64 Pro and also a Windows 7 x86 Pro system.

On the Windows 7 x86 Professional system, it cannot analyze my ATI Radeon 4350 graphics card from XFX Force. It just sets there trying to analyze this specific piece of hardware.

On the Windows 7 x64 Professional system, it does not detect my second monitor (already posted by others).

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

Hello, I have, too, ended without analyzed graphics card, everything else is detected correctly. My config: Windows 7 Pro x64, Speccy 1.00.057, Radeon HD4850, Catalyst 9.10. Can provide additional info if needed.

Speccy is shaping up to be pretty good program, but it would be rude from me to not expect the best from Piriform. :)

Same with me, difference is this:

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

Asus ATI Radeon HD 4670 (EAH4670, 512mb) (dual, CrossFire)

The rest of it picks up just fine, now that I've turned off my UAC.

Same here... Stuck on analyzing Graphics

Sapphire Toxic 4870-1GB w/ latest drivers

Windows 7 Pro x64

Speccy run as Administrator

UAC-off (slider at bottom)

All other System info worked fine

Just found this - looks good.

Summary - CPU --> Could it be the specification rather than technology?

(The technology seems rather detailed for the summary page and having the "model" on the summary would be useful.)

Hard Drives --> I need a bit more info about the smart data. I can never remember what the columns mean, what is OK and when things are bad. Not sure if column headings would help - may need a line of text to explain.

Suggestions:

1. Ability to save system information to various formats (.rtf | .txt | .html | etc...)

2. Information about the network card supported speeds and current speed (10Mb/s | 100Mb/s | 1Gb/s) LAN or WLAN A/B/N/G and speeds etc..

3. A list of recommended statistics for different tasks EG: If you want to know about what hardware you should have for doing what you click a drop down menu and then click either gaming OR office OR just average computer build and a box pops up with the recommended hardware and you have options to compare with your current system... etc... Work on this idea as it would seem very helpful to many people :)

thanks

Nice work Piraform team but only as your first try at a beta. To be a useful app,d bit of work remaining. For Speecy to be useful, it has to precisely ID sound and grapics card that are the top 3-5 models of choice. That is the only way any using this app will be able to DL the correct drivers as updated their OS is if your app helps them to do so.;

Examples

1) Audio Card-I have a Creative Soundblaster X-Fi-Xtrememusic card. Speecy ID was Creative X-Fi "Audio Processor" That is the generic name for a class of over 15 different cards, hence not too useful. Unless I knew this info already, I would have had a tough time finding the right DL without more info.

2) Similar story on my Graphics card. I have an NVIDIA 7800 GS card. Speecy came up with only a ref to the the Nvidia 7000 series

Do it better, or not a all. 50 percent is doing it on the cheap....

Nice work Piraform team but only as your first try at a beta. To be a useful app,d bit of work remaining. For Speecy to be useful, it has to precisely ID sound and grapics card that are the top 3-5 models of choice. That is the only way any using this app will be able to DL the correct drivers as updated their OS is if your app helps them to do so.;

Examples

1) Audio Card-I have a Creative Soundblaster X-Fi-Xtrememusic card. Speecy ID was Creative X-Fi "Audio Processor" That is the generic name for a class of over 15 different cards, hence not too useful. Unless I knew this info already, I would have had a tough time finding the right DL without more info.

2) Similar story on my Graphics card. I have an NVIDIA 7800 GS card. Speecy came up with only a ref to the the Nvidia 7000 series

Do it better, or not a all. 50 percent is doing it on the cheap....

1. THIS IS JUST A BETA! - MANY MORE UPDATES TO COME! (i hope :P )

2. I'd improve on my typing before i would try to post a suggestion as it makes it difficult read and understand...

3. before piriform add all the sound/graphics card models they would need to work on the much more major bugs but nevertheless good suggestion although i cannot reproduce your problem though...

4. ITS PIRIFORM NOT PIRAFORM

you have install this mornings update right....

Not sure who this is directed at and to which update you are referring to... but if it is me... after I posted this I found a new driver for my Graphics Card (ATI Catalyst? 9.11 Suite for Windows 7-64 bit) and I am using Speccy 1.00.066 Beta which is as far as I can tell the latest version and Speccy still gets stuck on "Graphics" but all other tools work great

BTW I think all the Piriform utilities are great! :D

Sapphire Toxic 4870-1GB w/ latest drivers

Windows 7 Pro x64

Speccy run as Administrator

UAC-off (slider at bottom)

LAN info, Celsius/Fahrenheit option (along with a settings screen, with other options obviously, of course this can be integrated later) are some things I'd like to see added, but were already noted. Also external hard drives if that's possible.

I have a Sony Vaio with built-in SDCard and MemoryStick PRO readers. And in Speccy they are reported as Hard drives, in my opinion they would fit better in 'Optical Drives'. Otherwise if nothing is connected they always show 0MB. Which is rather annoying, to me anyways.

And my main HDD is reported as a 160GB correct model (unknown interface), it's really a 141GB. Before you say anything, yes I know they change and are not always the advertised size, but in Speccy underneath the selected Hard drive there is Real Size. Couldn't this be used to show the 'actual' HDD space? Or rather, just show the actual size next to it in parentheses.

Great work. I use all of the Piriform products, and I'm looking forward to the official release of this one.

Just 2 things:

Please allow the text so that it can be copied and pasted with ease :) Currently, when you hover over the text, there is no option to copy your text

No need to store it in some proprietary format.

It was able to detect my graphics card before but not anymore :(

I have ATI HD 4770 with 9.09 drivers

When I updated to 9.10, it stopped working.

9.11, the latest ones, did not work either.

:)

using .066 beta speccy