CCleaner and starting up

Dear,

A question.

Does CCleaner cleans up the old Register Keys with automatically cleaning by the start? (See the annexe)

Thanks and greetings, Andr?.

post-24023-127357583965_thumb.jpg

Aethec, You wrote : "Cleaning the Registry can be dangerous"

-------------------------------------------

Please can you explain? (Not any explosion I hope :ph34r:).

I usually clean the Register before using the cleaner ... several times a day ... never had any problem.

Thanks, Andr?.

.. several times a day ... never had any problem.

stop wasting your time

No fate but what we make

Hi,

I'm working on an oldtimer, HP d530 SFF (HD = 40 GB). Not so many space. And it gives me the "feeling" keeping this oldtimer in good shape.

If any trobbles, I do a format and put my OS XP back on it. So an afternoon is passing (I'm retired).

I'm learning making errors.

While writing to you all, I'm learning the English language ;-).

Greetings, Andr?.

Hi,

I'm working on an oldtimer, HP d530 SFF (HD = 40 GB). Not so many space. And it gives me the "feeling" keeping this oldtimer in good shape.

If any trobbles, I do a format and put my OS XP back on it. So an afternoon is passing (I'm retired).

I'm learning making errors.

While writing to you all, I'm learning the English language ;-).

Greetings, Andr?.

if i was not clear the first time, maybe this will help. you ill not gain performance .

hop that helps

No fate but what we make

Thanks,

I bought my pc in a 2nd hand store on Newyear 2008 ... didn't know a single thing about computers.

The installer-tecnician left our home with a mistake in my e-adress.

Not knowing what I did, I made many, many mistakes above it. There I stood. In one week my HD was full with recovery's and other stuff.

I went to the library, got myself books about XP, and learned it all by myself.

Cleaning up was the only way. Now it runs with less than 7 GB on my partition (C:), the rest is on my external HD.

I cleaned and stil are cleaning, perhaps too much ... .

My PC was a very noisy thing, now it's working very smoothly. I try to keep it this way.

Greetings to all, Andr?.

Thanks,

I bought my pc in a 2nd hand store on Newyear 2008 ... didn't know a single thing about computers.

The installer-tecnician left our home with a mistake in my e-adress.

Not knowing what I did, I made many, many mistakes above it. There I stood. In one week my HD was full with recovery's and other stuff.

I went to the library, got myself books about XP, and learned it all by myself.

Cleaning up was the only way. Now it runs with less than 7 GB on my partition (C:), the rest is on my external HD.

I cleaned and stil are cleaning, perhaps too much ... .

My PC was a very noisy thing, now it's working very smoothly. I try to keep it this way.

Greetings to all, Andr?.

Getting a book is a very sensible thing to do. Searching the internet can lead to bad results. If your machine is loud have you tried cleaning it?

Get stuck into it with a paintbrush and hoover, leave the power cord plugged in and nothing else. Make sure the mains is switched off at the wall or at the very least on the PSU at the back. This will make sure the PC is still earthed and will stop any static problems from your brush.

If you can, get a high pressure air line in it. No need for brushes or vacuums. Makes those cans of air look like a mouse fart.

As for the registry cleaning, Please stop it doing it daily, and welcome to the forum

No fate but what we make

My PC was a very noisy thing, now it's working very smoothly/quote]

Dear All,

I thank all of you.

I learned a new lesson. Too much is too much, also for cleaning.

I removed the dust like you explained, but my pc was already silent.

With kind regards, Andr?.