Way to delete "expired" posts!

I was wondering if there is a way to add the ability to delete the entire post up here, after your requested feature is added? It would be difficult to moderate all posts, but giving the user the ability to either delete the post themselves, or at least the option to checkmark a post & lable it expired so the moderators can have it brought to their attention which posts are obsolete.

I noted that in one case, the find-as-you-type uninstaller was added, so I think a way to alert moderators of posts that are already "expired" or no longer needed, would be great! Why keep a post about adding a feature once it is already added?

It would be so nice to be able to checkmark a post for a moderator to review for deletion, because this would add a new level of "self moderation" & keep moderators from having to go through every post! A user should be able to mark a post for deletion, give the moderator a brief reason why, & if the moderator sees that is true, then he/she can delete the post & it will clean things up a lot!

Actually, the older posts would help other users with similar problems and can be linked to them 'expired' posts instead of solving it all over again!

If you really want it deleted, just write "This topic needs to be deleted" or something. :)

Simplicity is hard.

• Moderators

deleteing posts would reduce post count . . . I like my post count . . . :o and yes it does need more cowbell

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

But what good is it to have the post when the problem is already solved by a simple version change?

Why would you want to keep old links that point back to old versions of CCleaner that did not do what the current versions are capable of?

Post count will remain the same no matter what posts are deleted, as this is a separate cache!

• Moderators

The only posts that usually get removed are spamming, offensive ones and posts where people have pressed the wrong reply button and have just posted a quote with no message.

As other members have pointed out it can really be helpful with searches. Sometimes an old bug can reappear after a version change, and this can be pointed out to the devs.

Also it would be really time consuming as a moderator going through posts not only to help find answers, and make suggestions etc but to then have to decide whether the subject of a post is now obsolete.

I cannot see it happening.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

I have a lot of bookmarks, and I mean a lot, for previous posts containing suggestions and solutions which I refer to just about every day.

Deleting any posts other than the ones hazel mentions would be completely counter productive, and would completely cobble the wealth of information contained in those posts.

It's such a non starter, there isn't really any point in discussing the possibility of it happening. And I say that with all due respect to the original poster.

EDIT: I would just add, for those who may think different, that the moderators on here are no different to the members, in that we are all volunteers, giving our time for free, and we really don't need to add unnecessary tasks to the ones we already carry out.