Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.46

ishan_rulz

Change Log:

• Improved database loading speed by approximately 15%.
  • Drastically improved performance of Website Blocking on Windows Vista and 7.
  • Fixed various scheduler compatibility issues on Windows 2000.
  • Fixed issue with quotations around paths passed to /logtofile and /logtofolder.
  • Fixed issue with detecting certain leftover traces of an infection.
  • Fixed issue with freeze when adding a shared printer on the network.

Download

Simplicity is hard.

Yes it came out 3 days ago great little app.

I use Avast 5.0 and that has anti-malware built in so I hardly need to use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. ;)

WinXP SP3 and Vista Home Premium SP2

Yes it came out 3 days ago great little app.

I use Avast 5.0 and that has anti-malware built in so I hardly need to use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. ;)

I'd disagree

No fate but what we make

Why ?

Because i believe MBAM has greater malware detection then avast. I don't mean to use MBAM real time, but i do still check once a month with it.

No fate but what we make

• Moderators

It downloaded automatically when I pressed Check for updates, Friday or Saturday.

Same here.

The only thing though the last few version updates it has did in the version 1.4x range I've always had to start the installer manually myself since the automatic download/update corrupts it for some reason. Not really a big deal for me since installing again always fixes the problem.

• Moderators

MBAM can detect stuff Avast 5 knows nothing about! But of course if you're using the freeware version of MBAM that means manually unpacking setup files and scanning them via right click before running them to make sure they're clean, and also using the MD5 checksum lookup on VirusTotal to see if the setup file is deemed clean by other anti-malware.

Same here.

The only thing though the last few version updates it has did in the version 1.4x range I've always had to start the installer manually myself since the automatic download/update corrupts it for some reason. Not really a big deal for me since installing again always fixes the problem.

Ah, and i thought i was the only one. Like you said no biggie, I had to run MBAM 3 times yesterday for it to complete the update.

No fate but what we make

• Moderators

I have always had trouble upgrading MBAM and sometimes have to uninstall and then run the new installer.

It's the only program I use that I have an issue with in this way, sometimes it seems as though it bites so deep it shakes the kernels up!! It always triggers an event viewer entry for an HP temp file :blink:

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• 3 weeks later...

Installing updates has always been erratic! at times it requires a restart and a program restart as well and yet at other times it all happens automatically and seamlessly ...

Funny thing I noticed ... the command line parameters have changed!

Auto Update now WORKS! yeeeehaaa

Downside?? the damn scan mode doesn't! it automatically shuts down after the update ..

Heres the command line parameter I used for so long:

"C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe" /minimized /updateshowdialog /fullscanterminate

Can anybody point me to the revised command line parameters pls?

cheers

Are you aware full scan is pretty much pointless??

Well not always, I prefer to run one after a long period of time and as such use a different batch file and combinations of to include Spybot and I wish I could have included SuperAntiVirus but they don't have any command line parameters that I know of....

But I really do wish to get the updated command line parameters for Malwarebytes!

Quick scan detects 99.9% of traces, so i see once in a while

i'l try resolve your command line

No fate but what we make

so i see once in a while

i'l try resolve your command line

Especially software that I've downloaded a while before I actually installed and used it... :) stuff that I may have got from mates but never got around actually deploying... yep! there are a few!

Having said that I'd have to check whether quick scan does the folders under My Documents\ \....

"C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe" /minimized /updateshowdialog /fullscanterminate

If you read the help file it's changed "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe" /minimized /update -silent /scan -full

No fate but what we make

If you read the help file it's changed "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe" /minimized /update -silent /scan -full

Many thanks to you all... Really should have looked up the help file but didn't for the life of me think they'd have included command line parameters there

anyways, appreciate your help

cheers

Received an official word from the Malwarebytes' Forum....

the FREE version does NOT support Command Line Parameters anymore, they have "rectified an initial oversight which many free users took advantage of"

Grateful that they've maintained a Free version :)

I've tested Malwarebytes (free version) and I have to be honest it's ability to generate false positives seems to be it's best feature rather than doing the job properly.

One of the main irritations so far was the inability to select files or folders before scanning you can only scan entire drives.

Also results of flagged files can only be displayed if you abort or wait for the scan to complete.

Is this because I'm using the free version??

False Positives examples:

a) I had a text file stored in my profile folder with the following data:

; SlavaSoft Optimizing Checksum Utility - fsum 2.52.00337 <www.slavasoft.com>

;

; Generated on 07/18/09 at 17:10:33

;

Malwarebytes flagged this as: Malware.Trace

B) I had a copy of telnet.exe saved as t.exe in c:\windows\system32

Malwarebytes flagged this as: Backdoor.Bot

So what are they doing here?? flagged by filename clearly they haven't check the code inside the executable yet.

c) Files packet with UPX usually get labelled as Trojan.Downloader or some other nonsense.

If you unpack and rescan they're not flagged anymore which proves a point their heuristic scanning is bollox.

UPX is open source, the decompression libraries are readily available so I think there's no reason not to use them.

d) Malwarebytes also flagged several legitimate programs/demos and skips quite a few of my virus collection :\

I'm sure people will disagree with my opinions on Malwarebytes but I certainly won't be recommending it to anyone until I see some improvements.

Richard S.

One of the main irritations so far was the inability to select files or folders before scanning you can only scan entire drives.

Richard, to test individual folders & files I right click the folder / file and select scan with Mbam.

I am using the free version.

Edit: And Backdoor.Celofot was a biggie fp 21 March. Couldn't get rid of it. I was in near-panic mode. :lol: