Piriform produces such marvelous software!

mr don

I love how easy & simple/portable your products are.

How I wish that you guys could make a portable firewall that could save settings in an ini file.

The current offerings in firewalls do not impress me, for they are either too complicated, or they mess up settings on the computer if you are not very, very careful!

Wish you had a firewall program!

If you ever decide to, I will definitely try it out! This is what I am missing! Thanks for your good softwares!

• Moderators

The current offerings in firewalls do not impress me, for they are either too complicated, or they mess up settings on the computer if you are not very, very careful!

That's very true which is why Windows Firewall used alongside good anti-malware will get you by very well.

That's very true which is why Windows Firewall used alongside good anti-malware will get you by very well.

I use Windows Firewall and Microsoft Security Essentials - I find that together they offer a high level of security and both are free, which is an added bonus.

• Moderators

I use Windows Firewall and Microsoft Security Essentials - I find that together they offer a high level of security and both are free, which is an added bonus.

I use Windows XP Pro SP3 and Windows Firewall since that built-in firewall never once gives an issue and just plain and simple works without being a completely annoying bugger.

I wish I could use MSE however on two different XP installs it just doesn't get along perfectly with my system. Possibly my system is a bit ancient being a 2003 Dell but the specs are good on it. I'll try MSE again whenever I get a newer more modern system.

• Moderators

I use a software firewall (because I am a beta tester for it) but for those using XP don't forget to read this thread on how to set up Windows Firewall for tight protection

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=218517

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I use a software firewall (because I am a beta tester for it) but for those using XP don't forget to read this thread on how to set up Windows Firewall for tight protection

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=218517

What a great link Hazelnut, many thanks, I have printed to PDF for future reference.

I am a Windows XP firewall & MSE user also with no issues; they seem to work well with Avast & Spybot. :)

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"