A small suggestion for ALL Piriform products

Alice-1

It's very small, just concerning install directory; wouldn't it be better to place products in a "C:\Program Files\Piriform\" directory by default, as well as placing Start Menu shortcuts in subdirectories under a "Piriform" directory?

That'd be awesome, especially a Start Menu "Piriform" subfolder - I just hate the "subfolder with only one thing in it" thing.

Piriform French translator

That would be great to some extent but maybe that does not allow users to install to a directory they like with this program and that. What I did was create a folder in the D: drive and put all my utility software there.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

That would be great to some extent but maybe that does not allow users to install to a directory they like with this program and that. What I did was create a folder in the D: drive and put all my utility software there.

You might be mistaken as to what I'm asking for; right now Piriform products omit the "Piriform" directories I'm looking for and install under Program Files/Start Menu as is (so four install folders stuck in Program Files/on Start Menu).

I think it makes sense. Just like Microsoft Office. :)

Only thing though is office is office. Each piriform product is individual. You uninstall office and they all go. So thats why the start menu works. Office - Applications

Prirforms would have to go Piriform - CCleaner - CCleaner.exe and so on. Id find this an annoyance. Small aanoyance i know, but one never the less.

No fate but what we make

Currently we have :

CCleaner

--CCleaner.exe

Defraggler

--Defraggler.exe

Recuva

--Recuva.exe

Speccy

--Speccy.exe

What he wants is this :

Piriform

--CCleaner.exe

--Defraggler.exe

--Recuva.exe

--Speccy.exe

That'd save space, and it wouldn't require more clicks.

So where would the documentation/uninstaller go for each app Aethec? It's why i said Piriform - CCleaner - CCleaner.exe

Obviously the devs can choose any way they like. I could also imagine some new users installing ccleaner then spending hours looking in the start menu for ccleaner and not realizing its under piriform.

No fate but what we make

The uninstaller doesn't need to go in the Start Menu. The Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs in XP or Programs and Features in Vista/7 already does that.

The documentation could be a single link "Piriform Documentation" pointing to docs.piriform.com ;)

The uninstaller doesn't need to go in the Start Menu. The Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs in XP or Programs and Features in Vista/7 already does that.

The documentation could be a single link "Piriform Documentation" pointing to docs.piriform.com;)

+1

Simplicity is hard.

So where would the documentation/uninstaller go for each app Aethec? It's why i said Piriform - CCleaner - CCleaner.exe

It is as it is, just simply all the folders are under Piriform.

Obviously the devs can choose any way they like. I could also imagine some new users installing ccleaner then spending hours looking in the start menu for ccleaner and not realizing its under piriform.

Which is their own fault for not actually reading what the installation program tells them.

Which is their own fault for not actually reading what the installation program tells them.

As much as it would be nice to live in a perfect world with perfect people we all make miss takes.

Computers are still very alien to some people and relying on just your own common sense for other people wont work.

No fate but what we make

• 2 weeks later...

You might be mistaken as to what I'm asking for; right now Piriform products omit the "Piriform" directories I'm looking for and install under Program Files/Start Menu as is (so four install folders stuck in Program Files/on Start Menu).

Yes, I understand what you meant but I am only saying what I did on MY computer and basically, if all Piriform products let you install to a custom location, what you are asking is possible but you would have to manually direct them to this C:\Program Files\Piriform directory during their installment. But I personally think its not a big deal of concern but should do for those who like their folders grouped and sorted so neatly such as myself.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.