CCleaner delete Chrome password list

When using CCleaner with "Saved Form Information" option ticked under Google Chrome, the password list is totally cleaned.

Please fix it.

(using ccleaner 2.30 and chrome 4 stable)

Passwords are saved forms. I doubt there is a way to separate passwords from other random form info you have saved, in any browser. You need to deselect this in the options under the Applications tab. However, it might be good for the writers of CCleaner to change the wording to say "Passwords and Saved Forms" to avoid this problem others, especially new users of CCleaner. It is too bad you had to find out the hard way. I posted a link below that gives a detailed description in the docs section. You may want to go through the rest of the docs to see what other options you may want. I post a link in my signature to a page I have with the options I use, and there are plenty of others here on the boards that will do the same for you. You should not feel that you NEED to use mine or even the default selections if you are unsure of what they do. This is true of any software.

Saved Form Information - User names, passwords, search terms, and anything else you typed into any forms that appeared in the browser's HTML canvas.

http://docs.piriform.com/ccleaner/ccleaner-rules/applications-tab

http://docs.piriform.com/ccleaner/introducing-ccleaner

Passwords are saved forms. I doubt there is a way to separate passwords from other random form info you have saved, in any browser. You need to deselect this in the options under the Applications tab. However, it might be good for the writers of CCleaner to change the wording to say "Passwords and Saved Forms" to avoid this problem others, especially new users of CCleaner. It is too bad you had to find out the hard way. I posted a link below that gives a detailed description in the docs section. You may want to go through the rest of the docs to see what other options you may want. I post a link in my signature to a page I have with the options I use, and there are plenty of others here on the boards that will do the same for you. You should not feel that you NEED to use mine or even the default selections if you are unsure of what they do. This is true of any software.

http://docs.piriform.com/ccleaner/introducing-ccleaner

In Firefox the password are not cleaned, even if this option is selected. Only saved forms are cleaned, not the password list.

Moreover the cleaning option in Chrome does not clear the passwords if not selected...There are two separated options for forms and passwords.

In Firefox the password are not cleaned, even if this option is selected. Only saved forms are cleaned, not the password list.

Moreover the cleaning option in Chrome does not clear the passwords if not selected...There are two separated options for forms and passwords.

If you are correct, the passwords not being cleaned in Firefox would seem to be a bug to me if the forms box is checked. As far as the passwords and forms being separate in Chrome, I cannot attest to, but in CCleaner, according to the documentation I linked to before, they will both be cleared.

So for now, until CCleaner has separate check boxes for forms and passwords, leave them unchecked for cleaning and clear your forms info in Chrome itself. I for one do not take the chance of loosing my passwords in Firefox by not having the forms cleaned. I even use the password exporter extension for backups in Firefox. I would expect there are similar tools for Chrome.

If you are correct, the passwords not being cleaned in Firefox would seem to be a bug to me if the forms box is checked. As far as the passwords and forms being separate in Chrome, I cannot attest to, but in CCleaner, according to the documentation I linked to before, they will both be cleared.

So for now, until CCleaner has separate check boxes for forms and passwords, leave them unchecked for cleaning and clear your forms info in Chrome itself. I for one do not take the chance of loosing my passwords in Firefox by not having the forms cleaned. I even use the password exporter extension for backups in Firefox. I would expect there are similar tools for Chrome.

Saved password lists never should be cleaned by CCleaner. This is quite simple.

In Firefox it's OK, in Chrome is not.