CCleaner freezes

Monday

My cleaner continues to freeze on C:\$Recycle.Bin\S-1-5-21-791835643-1379854454-2017173688-1000\$RA8ZO2R.wmv. Does anyone have an idea why and/or what I should. I have already completed three uninstalls/re-installs; have tried a normal wipe after each uninstall/re-install and CCleaner did not hang, but with the Gutmann (35 passes) it still freezes - Gutmann is my preferred method.

First, don't use the Gutmann method, as it is completely useless for modern drives - even Gutmann has acknowledged that. There is no evidence of any data being ever recovered with only one pass, so I'd recommend simply using one pass, or if you really want to make sure those super-important top secret files you've got will never be recovered, use the DOD overwrite - it's what the Department Of Defense created. Using Gutmann means CCleaner is a lot slower. 35 times slower, in fact.

Second, this seems to be a file in the Recycle bin - maybe you can simply empty it :)

Piriform French translator

First, don't use the Gutmann method, as it is completely useless for modern drives - even Gutmann has acknowledged that. There is no evidence of any data being ever recovered with only one pass, so I'd recommend simply using one pass, or if you really want to make sure those super-important top secret files you've got will never be recovered, use the DOD overwrite - it's what the Department Of Defense created. Using Gutmann means CCleaner is a lot slower. 35 times slower, in fact.

Second, this seems to be a file in the Recycle bin - maybe you can simply empty it :)

Thank-you very much. I will make that change immediately. The Gutmann was a suggetsted setting from a PIRIFORM Newsflash I believe; I am most likely incorrect on this assumption, nevertheless it was suggested. Thanks again... Cheers...