Uninstaller

abu aufa

I haven't tried Zsoft. Latest version on 2007 ohmy.gif

Which is the better between Zsoft and Revo free, based on your experiences ?

As Dennis said, each serves a different function. I'd suggest using both. I use Revo and Total Uninstall (which is an install tracker like Zsoft). I use the tracker for all new installs and Revo for any uninstalls that I haven't tracked. Though even if I have tracked the install I will use Revo to uninstall the program first then run Total Uninstall to pick up anything Revo misses.

Freeware ?

It is if you use an old version (as I do):

http://www.aplusfreeware.com/categories/util/uninst.html

But if you were going to pick an install tracker to start using I'd suggest going for Zsoft's anyway as it's more up to date. I only still use Total Uninstall cos I've been using it for a long time and already have most of my programs tracked with it, so couldn't get rid of it even if I started using Zsoft.

• Moderators

Though even if I have tracked the install I will use Revo to uninstall the program first then run Total Uninstall to pick up anything Revo misses.

I uninstall the exact same way:

Revo -> Total Uninstall

Depending upon how overly bloated software is ("HP printer/scanner software") not even Revo and Total Uninstall can fully get rid of it, and some manual removal is needed.

Note that using Total Uninstall to remove some drivers can leave you in complete misery as it wrecks Windows, which is why I'm thinking of dumping it altogether and only using Revo.