New Revo released !

abu aufa

http://revouninstaller.com/index.html

I found a bug in tab View. List View show nothing just blank /white page. Send them email to fix this ;)

They have quick response to solve a bug in my experience.

If you had Revo, go to Auto Update > download

I checked list view tab before updating to the latest version with no issues here. I guess it must have been something related to your system.

OS : MS windows XP pro sp3 Processor : AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core 3800, 2009Mhz.
Mother board : Gygabyte M61 PM-S2 Ram : 3GB
Disk space : 649.05 GB Default browser: Firefox
Protection : Sandboxie, MBam free version

I checked list view tab before updating to the latest version with no issues here. I guess it must have been something related to your system.

I mean, a bug in the latest version ;) . After upgrading, I tried every function to make sure the program run correctly and found that bug

• Moderators
I got the update notification when I was about to remove HP's Printer/Scanner Software. Unfortunately the removal of HP's software is too bloated for even the mighty Revo!

It's too bloated even for HP to remove!!!!!

All computer tech examinations and certification awards should be based on the student's ability to install and remove HP psc software (without throwing it out of the window)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators
It's too bloated even for HP to remove!!!!!

All computer tech examinations and certification awards should be based on the student's ability to install and remove HP psc software (without throwing it out of the window)

Good one, they'd all miserably fail though if the exam didn't at least last 3 hours because I was looking for HP remnants that long after using Revo and even Total Uninstall on it. Never again will I use anything from HP though, live and learn!

Actually the HP printer/scanner I have still works, but it just causes so me much annoyance and frustration everytime with all that nonsense b.s. maintenance and those five ink cartridges since one is always near empty it would seem. The too frequently occurring maintenance in my views is there to just deplete the ink, so I've went back to my old 2003 very noisy Dell (made by Lexmark) who's drivers are so much smaller.

The sigh of relief that Dell printer/scanner has given me when simply wanting to print something without getting completely pissed off in the process should knock down my blood pressure a few numbers.

I installed Revo and noticed it has a partition cleaner called Evidence Remover.

Has anyone here used it? Good results?

Nope, never had a need to use it. Never really used any of the additional tools in Revo.

• Moderators

I installed Revo and noticed it has a partition cleaner called Evidence Remover.

Has anyone here used it? Good results?

I've used its file shredder and free space wiper before without any issues. Although it's nowhere near as convenient or quickly accessible as having a standalone shredder/wiper tool that only does those tasks.

Yes, Andavari. I use File Shredder for quickly accessing and shredding. But I've never used it in free space wipe. Does that function also work good for you, no snags?

I'm a bit apprehensive when it comes to free space wipe because of sour experiences with Eraser; and CC stalled on me.

Edit: When I run Recuva it seems to take a long time because of all the deleted file fragments listed. Perhaps wiping free space may improve analysis speed?

Edit: When I run Recuva it seems to take a long time because of all the deleted file fragments listed. Perhaps wiping free space may improve analysis speed?

Why not just use Recuva to overwrite all found files? Will be quicker and less wearing on your hard drive than wiping the entire disk.

• Moderators

I use File Shredder for quickly accessing and shredding. But I've never used it in free space wipe. Does that function also work good for you, no snags?

I'm a bit apprehensive when it comes to free space wipe because of sour experiences with Eraser; and CC stalled on me.

The wipe free space in File Shredder works fine for me, never stalled or anything like that and if it's canceled it doesn't leave behind anything that has to be manually removed in the root of drives. Its one pass method is pretty fast too.

What I do to make sure it's uninterrupted:

1. Disconnect from the Internet.

2. Disable real-time anti-virus protection.

3. Turn off System Restore.

4. Wipe free space.

5. Defrag.

6. Enable real-time anti-virus protection.

7. Turn on System Restore.

8. Re-connect to the Internet.

The wipe free space in File Shredder works fine for me, never stalled or anything like that and if it's canceled it doesn't leave behind anything that has to be manually removed in the root of drives. Its one pass method is pretty fast too.

4. Wipe free space.

5. Defrag.

agree but I use regularly, at least once /month East-Tec Eraser for wiping free space ;)

It took 42 mins to shred 109.9 GB free space, single pass. It flushed the buffer every 2%, preventing the buildup of a humongous cache and the warning "You ran out of free space".

Afterward ran Recuva - faster analysis. Success.

It's a keeper! :)

4. Wipe free space.

5. Defrag.

Hi Andavari

Other than for safety reasons and to free up space, does the free space shredding have any other benefit say for example better functionality?

Other than for safety reasons and to free up space, does the free space shredding have any other benefit say for example better functionality?

No. Wipe Free Space does not free up space, and it does not offer increased performance or whatever.

Piriform French translator

No. Wipe Free Space does not free up space, and it does not offer increased performance or whatever.

Thank you for your reply Aethec, so what are the exact benefits from this action?

Thank you for your reply Aethec, so what are the exact benefits from this action?

If you are selling a hard drive and want to make sure no data will ever be recoverable. Other than that... I can't see any reason why someone would want to do it.

Piriform French translator

If you are selling a hard drive and want to make sure no data will ever be recoverable. Other than that... I can't see any reason why someone would want to do it.

Thanks Aethec.