Clean all user profiles

john carmack

Hello,

CCleaner is doing a great job so far :-)

But, - is it possible to clean all profiles in "Documents and Settings" (Windows XP) or in "Users" (Windows Vista / 7) ?

Until now (Release 2.30.1130) you can clean only the one profile you are logged in!

I agree with the suggestion but think it should not be checked by default and should have a prompt when you check it for cleaning.

In the meantime, you can try this technique to hopefully clean a few things regarding other users.

The common disk cleanup method that is done by the computer's own disk cleanup module (namely cleanmgr.exe ) is simply not enough but Windows has a secret but advanced disk cleanup module that not so many has ever heard of.

To use this technique, open an elevated command prompt, paste this text:

%SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c Cleanmgr /sageset:65535 & Cleanmgr /sagerun:65535

and hit ENTER. Just scroll and you will see many rather odd categories, some regarding other users' directories it can clean.

This is from Windows 7, not sure about XP and Vista.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

• 4 weeks later...

You aren't able to do this due to separation of privileges. You shouldn't be able to access other accounts from one account at all, unless it is the "real" Administrator account, which is disabled by default in Vista and 7. (Yeah, I know you can log in as "Administrator", but that isn't truly the highest-privilege admin account.)

• 2 weeks later...

That's a good idea, but only for admins, and disabled by default.

People using a computer don't want their cookies and MRUs disappearing because someone thought it'd be nice to "clean" themwink.gif

Thrak >> The Administrator account is the "true" Admin... but there are things it can't do. The only "account" that has all privileges on everything is TrustedInstaller, but...you can't use ittongue.gif

Piriform French translator