CCLeaner as Windows Service

touki

1. It will be great if CCleaner will work as Windows Service that will clean Windows&Registry every time I shut down PC.

2. Relocate(move) search field in uninstaller section, because for the moment this field is too short.

3. Add ability to clean Installer folder (C:\WINDOWS\Installer)

1. It will be great if CCleaner will work as Windows Service that will clean Windows&Registry every time I shut down PC.

1. You can already launch CCleaner with /AUTO /SHUTDOWN options,

why clog up the system with an additional service.

2. When installing software you may need to reboot for completion upon the restart,

and installation may need to plant special code in *.tmp files/folders for execution upon restart.

I always /AUTO /SHUTDOWN to close except for an installation reboot, when I simply reboot.

It would be a tremendous pain if I had to block the CCleaner services start-up before rebooting,

and a lot of users would not know how to access the services, nor how to fix any mistakes they make.

Alan

2. Relocate(move) search field in uninstaller section, because for the moment this field is too short.

3. Add ability to clean Installer folder (C:\WINDOWS\Installer)

You can call up CCleaner the following ways:

Start/run & type ccleaner & enter

Right click recycle bin & run CCleaner or open CCleaner (depending on if you installed it or changed the options for that)

Click CCleaner shortcut

%programfiles% & the ccleaner folder, then ccleaner.exe

I think you want to set up CCleaner to auto run or something, but you can do the run at startup option in CCleaner settings, in addition to start/run/tasks & enter

Then click add task, browse to CCleaner, & set it to run however often you need it.

Of course, your account may have to have a password for this to work.

You can also run it.... Gee, what advantage would running it as a service be? What are you thinking of? Perhaps I can help!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think we've the same problem.

Here's an explanation.

Computer A:

username: Paul

password: luaP

Computer B:

username: John

password: nhoJ

Both computer have a software deployment tool (OCS, DesktopCentral...)

Using the network agent of these tools will grant SYSTEM credentials

so %TEMP% will NOT be:

c:\Document and Settings\John\Local Settings\Temp

but

%WINDIR%\Temp

We can create a local admin account on each computer but it's TEMP directory will not be the real user one.

So, a parameter is missing for cleaning TEMP, Browser cache... for ALL COMPUTER USERS.

++

Vincent