Registry Cleaner

Willy2

Did the folks at Piriform program the registry cleaner all by themselves ? Why do the Piriform folks want to invent the wheel again, in this regard ? Why not ""join forces"" with someone else ? There're a number of free registry cleaner out on the internet and they seem to perform a much more thorough job than the registry cleaner of CC.

A very good registry cleaner is - IMO - e.g. Eusing free registry cleaner.

http://www.eusing.com/

So, let the folks from Eusing do the job of programming of the Registry cleaner and integrate that registry cleaner in CC and let the folks from Piriform take care of the rest of the Piriform progams.

Edited by Willy2

System setup: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/gcNzIPEjEb0B2khOOBVCHPc

A discussion always stimulates the braincells !!!

Besides CCleaner, I also use Eusing Free Registry Cleaner v.2.5.1 and so far, it is less safe than CCleaner so what I do is that I manually choose entries it detects to the ignore list. Eusing is something I would not recommend for inexperienced users whereas CCleaner does detect less issues and surely not the best registry cleaner, it is safer for inexperienced users to use cause there is a lower probability of it causing damage.

When a registry cleaner detects issues, it does not necessarily mean that you have to fix or delete them nor do you have to religiously clean the registry like what I did in the past and my system ends up damaged to some degree.

Before you do any registry cleaning, always reserve a backup and a restore point so any damages can be undone if any does appear.

One feature though of Eusing Free Registry Cleaner, I would want is that it has the ability to delete references to removable media such as references to setup CDs and USBs which are invalid as the removable media associated with them is no longer there.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

Registry cleaning shouldn't be done by inexperienced users - period.

But the "Registry cleaning will improve your PC's performance by 65535%" myth is everywhere... :(

Piriform French translator

Eusing's registry cleaner is harmless in comparison with - at least - two other programs I tried to clean the registry thoroughly. One of these programs even crashed Windows XP because it wiped too many registry entries.

I haven't got a clue which registry entries are to be cleaned or not and why but I never ever experienced any negative impact using Eusing's cleaner. And precisely because I don't have a clue which entries are safe to be wiped or not calls for a registry cleaner like e.g. Eusing's.

Edited by Willy2

System setup: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/gcNzIPEjEb0B2khOOBVCHPc

A discussion always stimulates the braincells !!!

• Moderators

i'm with ident on this one

if you want to use another program or both who'd stopping you, if not for your advanced posting status I'd call you a troll with this thread but. . . that's not to say you don't raise good points but who cares. Sorry but meh

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com