Groups in Installed Programs

I don't know if there's any call for this, but I'd quite like the ability to, under the Tools>Uninstall list, sort the programs into user-defined categories or groups. That way, I can easily sort out the games, the social/internet apps, the office apps, etc - all the programs I know the function/purpose of and deliberately put there - from the things I am less certain of. Not only would this make it simpler to track down programs I no longer want, it would also make it easier to single out the programs I'm not sure about, and look up what they really are (maybe finding some sly malware in the process).

It should be understood that such a feature would in no way imply that ungrouped programs are dangerous, nor that programs put into groups (by the user, not the program) are safe. It's simply a more efficient way of searching the programs list, especially useful for those with extensive lists of installed applications etc.

• 6 months later...

I don't know if there's any call for this, but I'd quite like the ability to, under the Tools>Uninstall list, sort the programs into user-defined categories or groups. That way, I can easily sort out the games, the social/internet apps, the office apps, etc - all the programs I know the function/purpose of and deliberately put there - from the things I am less certain of. Not only would this make it simpler to track down programs I no longer want, it would also make it easier to single out the programs I'm not sure about, and look up what they really are (maybe finding some sly malware in the process).

It should be understood that such a feature would in no way imply that ungrouped programs are dangerous, nor that programs put into groups (by the user, not the program) are safe. It's simply a more efficient way of searching the programs list, especially useful for those with extensive lists of installed applications etc.

The find as you type helps a lot.

For instance: Typing HP reveals all the HP scanner, printer, photo programs, etc.

Grouping would do little to stop malware, since malware usually does NOT include an uninstaller. When they do, they usually do not work, anyway.

What would be cool, however, is if there were an option to hide all programs by developer, such as Microsoft/Intel, or even all applications.

Only show the newer ones that get installed after that (to prevent that you accidentally uninstall programs you like/want to keep).