Avira vs Avast! ,again ?

abu aufa

• Moderators

Try http://www.antivir.cz :)

It's all so silly really isn't it

Taken from the avast blog

History notes. Some may notice that we do use the domain www.antivir.cz here in the Czech Republic when Antivir is also the name of one of Avira’s products. “Antivir” is simply the Czech equivalent of “antivirus”. Similarly, www.antivirus.com is owned by Trend Micro. We registered the names www.antivir.com and www.antivir.cz in 1997 and for many years used these domain names. A couple of years ago Avira wanted the name www.antivir.com and we struck an agreement to transfer that name to them. However, we kept the www.antivir.cz as it is merely the Czech equivalent of www.antivirus.cz.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

antivir.cz is understandable - it's like Trend Micro using antivirus.com, antivirus.fr, antivirus.it (which, strangely enough, redirects to Trend Micro's German website), antivirus.de, antivirus.co.uk, and so on.

However, avast.eu is not a normal thing - avast only means "stop" in pirate "language".

Piriform French translator

I have used both over the last 4 years for me its Avast but at the Moment I am using panda cloud and am very impressed with it so far.

heard good comments about panda...never tested before..

an actually i read that avira have some problems even on paid versions. i reported also when clicking to download the latest opera beta version from operablog it sees it as trojan and receive a notification.

• Moderators
i read that avira have some problems even on paid versions.

Sometime ago I had major issues with the commercial version of 7 that was a few months long free trial, had to remove it immediately and go back to the free version.

things don't look good for avira,read at wilders that avira call google..and...............china..............well

bet they'll have to say something about it.,the thread is -avira10 launched-...

• 3 weeks later...

things don't look good for avira,read at wilders that avira call google..and...............china..............well

bet they'll have to say something about it.,the thread is -avira10 launched-...

Really? Well, there's another reason for me to not to use Avira.

read carefully, http://www.wildersse...20&postcount=60

I fully agree about that.

I'd stick w/ Avira, personally ;).

for me, the most important is its use to protect my computer ;)

I don't understand why they have to use Google (or any other analytics service) instead of counting the number of updates directly on their servers. :huh:

Piriform French translator