AntiVir missing from cleaner list

em1500uk

I've made a winapp2 file and added AntiVir to it using the information in this topic and then added it to the CCleaner folder, but I look at the already made winapp file and there's AntiVir PE Classic mentioned in there anyway. Anyone have any idea why this is missing from my cleaner list and why I can't get it to show? More importantly, does anyone know how I can actually get it to appear on my list? :huh:

• Moderators

does your registrty contain

HKLocalMachine\SOFTWARE\Avira\AntiVir Desktop

that is what ccleaner's Antivir entry is looking for to tell it that the program exists

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Thanks for answering. I'll have to post my bits and bobs later when I get home. As for the registry, I have no idea what it contains. I don't even know how to access it to look. Only reason I'm asking is cos someone on the AntiVir forum recommended that I use CCleaner to clean up a bit after removing V8 before I go on to V10. AntiVir has been missing from my cleaner list for sometime and I have always wondered how the heck I can get in back in there!

You may want to read this first before upgrading.

Uh huh ;) I'm a member of the Avira forum surprisingly enough. I have seen a lot of people going on about various issues. Seeing as the support for V9 was running out in September this year, I thought I may as well go straight on to 10. V8's support ran out as of yesterday. Today I should really be on either V9 or V10 (!) but I'm still on V8 as I've been advised to change from SP2 to SP3 on Windows XP Home first and I've not even done that yet. Bit unsure of it TBH as I know some XP systems have ended up not being able to be loaded after the SP was installed and some couldn't even access safe mode either! Anyway :lol: ...

; Piriform CCleaner: winapp2.ini application cleaning file add-on

;

; Notes

; ---------------------------------------

; LangSecRef

; 3021 = Applications

; 3022 = Internet

; 3023 = Multimedia

; 3024 = Utilities

; 3025 = Windows

; 3026 = Firefox/Mozilla

; 3027 = Opera

; 3028 = Safari

;

; IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

; If you make any cleaning entries that drastically slow down

; CCleaner removing them will allow CCleaner to function faster.

; Also removing cleaning entries for software you no longer

; use or have installed will allow CCleaner to function faster.

[*AntiVir Personal 8]

; Removes only the safe to remove files .tmp and .log!

LangSecRef=3024

Detect=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic

Default=True

FileKey1=%commonappdata%\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\BACKUP\FAILSAFE|*.tmp

FileKey2=%commonappdata%\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\LOGFILES|*.log

FileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic|*.tmp

FileKey4=%ProgramFiles%\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\FAILSAFE|*.tmp

; Application Cleaning file

; WARNING - DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE

;

; If you would like to create custom entries then create a new file

; called winapp2.ini which follows the same format as this one.

; CCleaner will automatically pick up the new file.

;

; Copyright ?2004-2008 Piriform Ltd, All Rights Reserved.

; This file and it's contents may not be copied or distributed

; without the express permission of the author.

;

; Notes

; ---------------------------------------

; LangSecRef

; 3021 = Applications

; 3022 = Internet

; 3023 = Multimedia

; 3024 = Utilities

; 3025 = Windows

; 3026 = Firefox/Mozilla

; 3027 = Opera

[AntiVir PE Classic]

LangSecRef=3024

Default=True

FileKey1=%commonappdata%\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\FAILSAVE|*.*

FileKey2=%commonappdata%\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\INFECTED|*.*

FileKey3=%commonappdata%\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\LOGFILES|*.*

FileKey4=%commonappdata%\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\SYSSAVE|*.*

FileKey5=%commonappdata%\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\TEMP|*.*

FileKey6=%ProgramFiles%\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic|*.old

• Moderators

Wait why did you feel it needed to post the entire original ini we all know where to get it ;)

anyway. . . the thing with winapp2 is you kinda need to know the reg entry you can't just make up

and expect it to work. is that the actual reg key (I'm assuming it may not be as you stated "As for the registry, I have no idea what it contains. I don't even know how to access it to look"

. . .

OMG can you please remove the original INI from your post the amount of pagedown needed to get past in is extremly annoying :angry::wacko::blink:

/me goes on a rampage elsewhere

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

anyway. . . the thing with winapp2 is you kinda need to know the reg entry you can't just make up

and expect it to work. is that the actual reg key (I'm assuming it may not be as you stated "As for the registry, I have no idea what it contains. I don't even know how to access it to look". . . OMG can you please remove the original INI from your post the amount of pagedown needed to get past in is extremly annoying /me goes on a rampage elsewhere

Shortened my previous message. Sorry! As I said before, I have no idea how to access the registry, so I can't say what the registry key now is on my system for AntiVir :unsure:

• Moderators

Are you still using the old version of antivir? it's hard for anyone not running that version to help you as they'd have to install it in order to find the regentry

it would be better to update you sp and the n update your AV and then if still haveing issues come back so we can find the regentry. SP3 has been out for a while and there really aren't any problems with it. though what I'd suggest is

download the SP update (don't install yet)

download antivir 10 (don't install yet)

uninstall antivir 8

install sp

install antivir 10

(This may be a silly and useless way to do it. . . but if you are that worried about the sp breaking your computer, though I don't see why, I've updated ~40+ xp computers to sp3 including 1 virtual machine and had 0 issues)

If you are unwilling to update

Can you at least confirm the existance of

FileKey1=%commonappdata%\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\FAILSAVE|*.*
FileKey2=%commonappdata%\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\INFECTED|*.*
FileKey3=%commonappdata%\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\LOGFILES|*.*
FileKey4=%commonappdata%\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\SYSSAVE|*.*
FileKey5=%commonappdata%\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\TEMP|*.*
FileKey6=%ProgramFiles%\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic|*.old

Try to make your detect just

Detect=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Avira\

I for one am glad to hear you did NOT update to xp SP3. Please read the thousands upon thousands of horror stories that are a result from 'upgrading' to SP3.

If you do choose to, you need to run a full anti virus scan, a complete maleware scan, verify your XP key is not only legal - but Microsoft SHOWS it as legal (as many legal versions have been found in error to be noted pirated, when they were not.)

Being a Systems Integrator, I work on 20-30 systems a day, and of the hundreds of SP3 upgrades, I have had about a 20% failure, as well as about 4-5% where the system ended up totally bricked and would not even reboot into safemode and a clean XP OS needed to be installed with loss of all installed programs..

Yet one thing I DO before any software installions or updates, is run CrapCleaner on the systems! It reduces the chances that a virus or malware is hidden in a temp file that regular software checks miss.

I for one am glad to hear you did NOT update to xp SP3. Please read the thousands upon thousands of horror stories that are a result from 'upgrading' to SP3.

Hmmmm - I'd like to know the figures. I don't have actual stats - do you?

Anyone is capable of doing a system backup, or getting help to do one. So there is little reason for not attempting an upgrade having done a backup first.

I appreciate that SP3 has hardly been problem free, but I think it's a case of being aware of the risk and mitigating it, rather than discouraging people from taking that route.

Are you still using the old version of antivir? it's hard for anyone not running that version to help you as they'd have to install it in order to find the regentry

I've still got AntiVir V8 on my system yes. I just sorted out installing XP3 today and it's on my system and seems fine for now... I decided to sort the SP bit out first as that's what people on the Avira forum suggested I do. Now I've done that I'm going to let the new SP run for a few days to see if anything odd happens, but hopefully it's all fine.

I for one am glad to hear you did NOT update to xp SP3. Please read the thousands upon thousands of horror stories that are a result from 'upgrading' to SP3. If you do choose to, you need to run a full anti virus scan, a complete maleware scan, verify your XP key is not only legal - but Microsoft SHOWS it as legal (as many legal versions have been found in error to be noted pirated, when they were not.) Being a Systems Integrator, I work on 20-30 systems a day, and of the hundreds of SP3 upgrades, I have had about a 20% failure, as well as about 4-5% where the system ended up totally bricked and would not even reboot into safemode and a clean XP OS needed to be installed with loss of all installed programs.. Yet one thing I DO before any software installions or updates, is run CrapCleaner on the systems! It reduces the chances that a virus or malware is hidden in a temp file that regular software checks miss.

I knew about those issues, hence why I'd left it for so long.

I appreciate that SP3 has hardly been problem free, but I think it's a case of being aware of the risk and mitigating it, rather than discouraging people from taking that route.

I feel you're right on that one. After all my worrying, it appears to have worked OK for me.

In my winapp2.ini I coded the following for Antivir version 10 (not sure about v8 or v9 though)

[*AntiVir Personal 10]

LangSecRef=3024

Detect=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Avira\AntiVir Desktop

Default=True

FileKey1=%commonappdata%\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\BACKUP\FAILSAFE|*.tmp

FileKey2=%commonappdata%\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\LOGFILES|Upd*.log

FileKey3=%commonappdata%\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\LOGFILES|AVSCAN*.log

FileKey4=%ProgramFiles%\Avira\AntiVir Desktop|*.tmp

FileKey5=%ProgramFiles%\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\FAILSAFE|*.tmp

I left the logfiles avguard, sched and setup alone in case the program does not recreate them.

• Moderators
In my winapp2.ini I coded the following for Antivir version 10 (not sure about v8 or v9 though)

[*AntiVir Personal 10]

LangSecRef=3024

Default=True

FileKey1=%commonappdata%\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\BACKUP\FAILSAFE|*.tmp

FileKey2=%commonappdata%\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\LOGFILES|Upd*.log

FileKey3=%commonappdata%\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\LOGFILES|AVSCAN*.log

FileKey4=%ProgramFiles%\Avira\AntiVir Desktop|*.tmp

FileKey5=%ProgramFiles%\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\FAILSAFE|*.tmp

I left the logfiles avguard, sched and setup alone in case the program does not recreate them.

I don't understand why youy bother with a lot of what you have there

2/5 of what you are cleaning is already cleaned by the embedded Antivir Desktop entry. and 2 more listed are logs, which i would assume most people wouldn't want to clean

also, obviously will not work for OP as his PE version is not detected by the dectect you give which is the same as the detect you've put in yours

Again

the embedded code for Antivir (already cleaned by ccleaner) is

[AntiVir Desktop]
ID=2138
LangSecRef=3024
Default=True
FileKey1=%commonappdata%\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\TEMP|*.*
FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\Avira\AntiVir Desktop|*.old
FileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\Avira\AntiVir Desktop|*.tmp
FileKey4=%ProgramFiles%\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\FAILSAFE|*.tmp