Problems when running without admin.

scriptdaemon

Speccy seems to work fine in 2000 and XP without admin (minus some features), but it doesn't even load in Vista and 7 without admin.

Is this a bug with Speccy, or can Speccy not run without admin on Vista and 7?

Are you talking about installing or running?

I have WinXP and Vista and they both work at they should do but if I take the exe to work you get the admin message and it shows all values apart from the later version which says Graphics - Access is denied, but the earlier version showed info there. ;)

WinXP SP3 and Vista Home Premium SP2

Are you talking about installing or running?

I have WinXP and Vista and they both work at they should do but if I take the exe to work you get the admin message and it shows all values apart from the later version which says Graphics - Access is denied, but the earlier version showed info there. ;)

Running.

On Vista and 7, Speccy doesn't load at all without admin rights. It does load without admin rights in XP (and I think 2000), however.

I'm wondering if this is intentional, or if it could be fixed.

It does load without admin rights in XP (and I think 2000), however.

No it doesn't properly. I've taken it to work and it shows an admin messagebox on startup then you get Access denied on the Graphics. ;)

No it doesn't properly. I've taken it to work and it shows an admin messagebox on startup then you get Access denied on the Graphics. ;)

Yes, it does. I'm not arguing what features work and what don't, I'm saying (for the third time now) that it *runs* without admin on XP and 2000, but doesn't run *at all* without admin on Vista and 7.

I'm saying (for the third time now) that it *runs* without admin on XP and 2000,

Yes and I'm saying it doesn't run properly without admin rights. ;)