Clean the temp files under user folder

internlin

Dear sir,

CCleaner is great, but I find that it can not clean the temp file under:

$:\Documents and Settings\USER_ACCOUNT\Local Settings\Temp , and the temp sub directories in it,

would you please add this the feature to analyze and clean them?

I also have a suggestion to add the feature that, to add an option to delete the system-locked temp files/folders on next boot time as schedule, it would be good.

Thank you for this great program.

My CCleaner version is 2.29.1111.

That'd be useful, but...what if CCleaner deletes a file a program wanted to use ? "Hey, where's my file ? I just wrote it seconds ago, and it was erased when I wasn't looking !" :-)

Piriform French translator

Sometimes there is a complaint that CCleaner has killed/crippled a product because that product has created a folder/file for itself that was by definition a temporary location.

This does not happen often because very few competent product designers fail to protect it with a system-lock.

I suspect a tremendous surge in complaints were CCleaner to overcome such protection.

Alan

It doesn't :huh:

Ok, is "USER_ACCOUNT" a specific folder name called exactly that (if so I misunderstood and don't have that folder), or just what was used in the OP to replace the users own name? (if so it does get cleaned here)

It's supposed to yeah. Then again we know which version we're still using! ;)

If you're referring to our preference for a certain older version, I gave up on my vain hope the results screen would be 'fixed' and am now using the current version :rolleyes:

Ok, is "USER_ACCOUNT" a specific folder name called exactly that (if so I misunderstood and don't have that folder), or just what was used in the OP to replace the users own name? (if so it does get cleaned here)

CCleaner doesn't clean %Temp%. At least not on my system. :huh:

well, I mean, the "USER_ACCOUNT" directory is an user account's folder. and sure, ccleaner should do the clean job only when THIS user (the owner) operate the system or the administrator (system root) uses Ccleaner.

• Moderators

OP is wrong

Running Temporary Files on CCleaner 2.29.1111 on a xp sp3completely emptied my %userprofile%\local settings\temp

my guess is

1) option to clean only older than 24 hours is selected (options>advanced)

or

2) some sort of user error or not running as an admin priviliage account is stopping the proper cleaning

CLEANING COMPLETE - (0.024 secs)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.00 MB removed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Details of files deleted
System - Temporary Files	1,027 KB	23 files
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\WGAErrLog.txt	1 KB
C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\Local Settings\Temp\AdobeARM.log	129 KB
C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\Local Settings\Temp\applnch.exe	368 KB
C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\Local Settings\Temp\AUCHECK_CORE.txt	3 KB
C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\Local Settings\Temp\AUCHECK_PARSER.txt	1 KB
C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\Local Settings\Temp\Cookies\index.dat	32 KB
C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\Local Settings\Temp\English.bin	21 KB
C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\Local Settings\Temp\IniDecrypt.tmp	1 KB
C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\Local Settings\Temp\jusched.log	243 KB
C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\Local Settings\Temp\product_information12723.xml	1 KB
C:\Documents and Settings\Xxx\Local Settings\Temp\product_information15272.xml	1 KB
C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\Local Settings\Temp\product_information17968.xml	1 KB
C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\Local Settings\Temp\srvcfg.ini	1 KB
C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat	144 KB
C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\Local Settings\Temp\TWAIN.LOG	1 KB
C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\Local Settings\Temp\Twain001.Mtx	1 KB
C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\Local Settings\Temp\Twunk001.MTX	1 KB
C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\Local Settings\Temp\warranty_info12729.xml	1 KB
C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\Local Settings\Temp\warranty_info15279.xml	1 KB
C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\Local Settings\Temp\warranty_info17975.xml	1 KB
C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\Local Settings\Temp\WEP_LogFile.log	1 KB
C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\Local Settings\Temp\Xerox\l2c_f1b93f58_4dcd55aa.tmp	62 KB
C:\Documents and Settings\xxx\Local Settings\Temp\~DF6CAF.tmp	16 KB

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 2 weeks later...

Oops. I had completely forgotten the "Only clean files older than 24 hours" thing. Maybe the "Windows" part should be removed, since it is also effective on the user's temp folder...

Oops. I had completely forgotten the "Only clean files older than 24 hours" thing. Maybe the "Windows" part should be removed, since it is also effective on the user's temp folder...

You also could have just added those directories to the "include" list in CCleaner, and cleaned them that way.