Download Youtube videos straight from your browser!

Ishi

You can download Youtube videos without the aid of stuff like Youtube Downloader. All you need is to is to type 2-4 characters in the address bar and press Enter and tada, you can download Youtube videos.

Look at the link:

http://www.okyoutube.com/

Note that this will not work everytime.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

I have a better idea, just watch and download at the same time using NirSoft's WebVideoCap. :D

Alternatively there is NirSoft's VideoCacheView which extracts video files from the browser's cache folder.

Note that this will not work everytime.

Download probably fails because some clips require YouTube login credentials to view them i.e. mature rated videos.

Even if you're logged into YouTube your cookies are useless because you're downloading files from another web site.

Richard S.

I don't really think this sort of stuff is allowed around here, but I do know that you don't even need a program to download anything. All you need to do is as the whatever you're watching on YouTube is playing, go to the cache folder of your browser, and you should see whatever is playing being downloaded. It worked for me with Opera, but I'm not sure about FF or Chrome as I haven't tried it with them yet.

I have a better idea, just watch and download at the same time using NirSoft's WebVideoCap. :D

Alternatively there is NirSoft's VideoCacheView which extracts video files from the browser's cache folder.

Download probably fails because some clips require YouTube login credentials to view them i.e. mature rated videos.

Even if you're logged into YouTube your cookies are useless because you're downloading files from another web site.

Richard S.

Well that does not explain why I can download the same videos at one time and I can't in another time and I have never log on to Youtube at both those times. And we are talking about downloading it without any use of such programs.

Yes its on the browser cache, but I doubt the played videos will have proper names on the browser cache and neither is it too easy to find if you haven't made a shortcut to the browser cache folder.

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

• Moderators

Oh ye of little faith, If you are using IE, then open CC, clean the temp int files, then play the youtube vid. Then Analyse the temp int files in CC, with detailed/expanded results. You will see the large .flv file there. Right click on Open Containing folder and copy the file to wherever you want. I haven't tried this with FF, it's probably rather different.

I don't know about mp4 or other options. Needs someone to play with it.

• Moderators
I don't really think this sort of stuff is allowed around here, but I do know that you don't even need a program to download anything. All you need to do is as the whatever you're watching on YouTube is playing, go to the cache folder of your browser, and you should see whatever is playing being downloaded. It worked for me with Opera, but I'm not sure about FF or Chrome as I haven't tried it with them yet.

I've no problem with this as long as folk don't start linking to obviously Copyrighted material.

It wouldn't cause me any issues doing that, but it could maybe cause some for the admin, so best to play safe I think.

Oh ye of little faith, If you are using IE, then open CC, clean the temp int files, then play the youtube vid. Then Analyse the temp int files in CC, with detailed/expanded results. You will see the large .flv file there. Right click on Open Containing folder and copy the file to wherever you want. I haven't tried this with FF, it's probably rather different.

I don't know about mp4 or other options. Needs someone to play with it.

Well as stated in the link I showed, if you want to download the Youtube video in MP4 format just do this

Example:

www.4.ok.youtube.com/watch?vfhfhfh.................... then press ENTER.

But I guess that has been suspended at this point due to it violating copyright materials on Youtube but Youtube downloaders are still there though.

Replace the "y" in the YouTube video URL with a 3. But sometimes, the 3outube site doesn't work.

video restrictions. for example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsKO_r76kfQ

would become

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsKO_r76kfQ

and that would by pass country restrictions. Which is more then fair game.

There a quite a few youtube tricks which can easily be found on google

There are quite a few ways to download youtube videos with a simple url change. one i would never bother doing because it is really un needed.

Most of us are on here because we enjoy offering help to others. And if we really need hints on how to download a simple swf/flv then there would be something very wrong.

as said it's not a topic that would probably be allowed to be discuss

(and thats not at Aethec)

and i choosed a crappy video for argument sake :0

No fate but what we make