Windows Firewall

Fluffy

Hi Guys

I installed on line armor as a new firewall some months ago,which seems to work great !

I have just noticed that my windows firewall is on as well...I am sure i tuned it off !

when i go to windows "security centre" it is showing the green light button indicationg it is on

when I click on windows firewall the radio button i sclicked on OFF not recommended,if i ok this nothing changes

i`m just wondering if i`m going doo lally !!

I was bothered that having the two firewalls on would cause some conflict,if its ok to have them both i`ll leave it,but it seems odd that windows won`t let me turn it off ! I wondered if they had altered something with an update

any insight would be gratefully accepted !!

Fluff

Windows key + R (Run...) >> type services.msc >> look at the "Windows Firewall" service. Is it disabled ?

PS : How do you know OA works great ?

Piriform French translator

Thanks for th comments guys

redhawk-i`m sure that i turned the firewall off,when i installed online armour,now i don`t seem to have an option ! its on and staying on ! i cant turn it off

aethec-Online armour seems to work great(better than windows firewall) because it lets me know so many times and asks when anything new happens....i thought i could run windows defender separate from the firewall....

marmite-i had noticed my comp takes longer to"wake up"when i switch it on thats when i looked and saw that two firewalls are both on,i wondered if this contributed to a slower start up...

• Moderators

When you install Online Armor it turns OFF windows firewall at install.

When you uninstall Online Armor it turns windows firewall back on. No user action is required.

Most software firewall do this by default.

If you are having problems it may have been a dodgy install/update. Which version and build are you using?

Have you thought about popping over to the OA forums to try and clear this up?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Hi Hazelnut!

I`m using OA v4.0.0.10 although when i visit O.A site there`s a version free v4.0.0.35 availiable for download,but myy installed version says there no new update !

I thought the problem was a microsoft one but Hazel I think your correct as I found the followingpost in the OA forum...

I am hoping that when activated OA is not running in tandem with Windows Firewall creating conflict. As I am unable to access the WSC gui I am unable to access the windows firewall controls.

so i will join the OA forum and ask their

ta very much !

Fluff

Are you sure that security center is saying Windows firewall is on, or that it says a firewall is on?

What OS? If Windows Firewall is enabled and you can't disable it you might try disabling the service for it. Windows Firewall/ICS service (XP...)

The internet - Where men are men, women are men and children are FBI agents.

Talldog !!!!

Oh my do i feel so stupid you have nailed it !

What i thought was the windows firewall was in fact my online armour windows had picked up that A firewall was on but not the windows one,just tested it by turning on and off the online armour...doh.....

I`m going to go away now....and not post anything daft !

oh my and everyone will be reading this post ! mods help take it off !!!!!!!!!! :mellow:

cringe

Fluff

• Moderators

Fluffy how kind of you to make this thread so that users who make the same 'mistake' won't feel bad about it :)

We have ALL done something similar Fluffy...don't cringe... you will have helped others.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Fluffy how kind of you to make this thread so that users who make the same 'mistake' won't feel bad about it :)

We have ALL done something similar Fluffy...don't cringe... you will have helped others.

I agree. I remember the last time I left my glasses on my face and spent a few hours freaking out about losing them and running around all over the place. :lol::o