/AUTO and registry cleaner

testebr

Please refer to these links as this suggestion has been asked countless times, welcome to the forum :)

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=18666

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=26047&hl=

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=25489&hl=

No fate but what we make

awesome stuff.

I usually just lurk, but I have to say I'm looking at the exact same thing, setting a scheduled task monthly for a relative.

thank you for your reply ident :>

much <3 to you

edit: scheduling alone is more then adequate it seems, especially in Windows 7.

i set mine up to run hidden, to close itself, to only run on specific days, if the computer is idle for 15 minutes, to stop if the computer stops being idle.

very nice and subtle :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, thank you for confirm my suspicions.

As Piriform will ignore popular claim for this feature for ADVANCED users, is time to find an alternative software like j16 that fit my needs.

Good bye Piriform! Thanks for years of great satisfaction with software created.

ps: I will keep my eyes on Piriform products all time, if one day users suggestions impassion developers enough...

As Piriform will ignore popular claim for this feature for ADVANCED users, is time to find an alternative software like j16 that fit my needs.

I don't call a considered decision not to implement a feature 'ignoring popular claim'. Just because 'some people want a feature' that doesn't necessarily make it 'a good thing'.

Any software that automatically cleans the registry without at least forcing a backup of removed entries has to be questioned.

Cleaning without knowing what you're going to remove is a bit like driving blind, you might hit something and you might not. And even if you get to the other side and the car seems fine, did you really mean to run over that hedgehog?

I'd love to know how being an 'advanced' user reduces the chance of any registry cleaner removing inappropriate items if you could run it 'auto' fashion. I would tend to think it's the more experienced users that want to see what keys are potentially being deleted and that not doing this is a more head-in-the-sand approach.

I'd love to know how being an 'advanced' user reduces the chance of any registry cleaner removing inappropriate items if you could run it 'auto' fashion. I would tend to think it's the more experienced users that want to see what keys are potentially being deleted and that not doing this is a more head-in-the-sand approach.

This is the bit that keeps going around in my head. "Advanced user" Calling your self an advanced user and wanting such a feature is shocking.

No fate but what we make