Defraggler writing to reserved MFT zone?

Hello!

As I'm watching Defraggler do its work, I notice on the chart that Defraggler actually writes to the Reserved MFT space. Clicking on the block confirms this as the file list now shows several ordinary files now located in the MFT space. Shouldn't Defraggler not touch this space unless it's absolutely necessary? (such as no more available free space)

Thanks!

Adnan

• 5 weeks later...
Hello!

As I'm watching Defraggler do its work, I notice on the chart that Defraggler actually writes to the Reserved MFT space. Clicking on the block confirms this as the file list now shows several ordinary files now located in the MFT space. Shouldn't Defraggler not touch this space unless it's absolutely necessary? (such as no more available free space)

Thanks!

Adnan

What are the names of the files? They might be system files that Windows wants to be kept in there. Also, this does not belong in this section, for future reference, as this is not a suggestion.

All posts that have a beginning must have an end, Mr. Anderson.

What are the names of the files? They might be system files that Windows wants to be kept in there. Also, this does not belong in this section, for future reference, as this is not a suggestion.

No, they were ordinary video files I had on my PC.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...