Firefox and Google Chrome.

Intel

Morzilla gets money from google regardless of top right hand searches. Don't google produce something like 85% of Morzillas revenue any way?

If you're going to say something about firefox should really back it up to why you think this.

No fate but what we make

Morzilla gets money from google regardless of top right hand searches. Don't google produce something like 85% of Morzillas revenue any way?

If you're going to say something about firefox should really back it up to why you think this.

Google Chrome is faster. Really, try it.

I have been using Chrome since it's first betas (I use many browsers) and it's a decent browser but Firefox and Opera are far better.

The basic Chrome browser with no extensions is very stripped down and bare. The extensions that are available for Chrome (currently over 2000) are for the most part junk. There are some good ones that are definite keepers but the large majority are just junk.

Chrome is a massive resource hog. Every tab and every extension runs in a separate process. I know why this is done but the result is huge RAM usage. Far more than Firefox ever used.

Chrome is fast but no faster than Firefox on my computers and the new Opera 10.5 betas are faster than all other browsers.

Overall chrome is pretty good but I can't even begin to understand how people find it better than Firefox or Opera.

I have been using Chrome since it's first betas (I use many browsers) and it's a decent browser but Firefox and Opera are far better.

The basic Chrome browser with no extensions is very stripped down and bare. The extensions that are available for Chrome (currently over 2000) are for the most part junk. There are some good ones that are definite keepers but the large majority are just junk.

Chrome is a massive resource hog. Every tab and every extension runs in a separate process. I know why this is done but the result is huge RAM usage. Far more than Firefox ever used.

Chrome is fast but no faster than Firefox on my computers and the new Opera 10.5 betas are faster than all other browsers.

Overall chrome is pretty good but I can't even begin to understand how people find it better than Firefox or Opera.

Have you tried the New Google Chrome? Way less RAM usage :)

What's the best threads dont ever get any where because it's all based on own users opinion.

How much RAM is being used is not opinion it's fact. If some one says Chrome is using less RAM than Firefox they have zero extensions and only one tab open. Every tab and extension adds another process and loads of RAM.

How much RAM is being used is not opinion it's fact. If some one says Chrome is using less RAM than Firefox they have zero extensions and only one tab open. Every tab and extension adds another process and loads of RAM.

No. I only have one extension and I don't keep more tabs. Anyway, Google Chrome is just faster.

No. I only have one extension and I don't keep more tabs. Anyway, Google Chrome is just faster.

Thats why you see less RAM. Install 5 or 6 extensions and open 4 or 5 tabs and you will have over 10 processes running and well over 200 MB of RAM.

As for speed it's no faster than Firefox and it's slower than Opera.

• Moderators

A misleading topic title, because I start reading and it's really Firefox vs. Google Chrome vs. Opera.

I'll never use Opera again, although I used to soley use it many years ago, now it's just too different for me to ever get used to again.

If I were to use any Chrome-based browser again first Firefox would have to start acting up so badly I'd have no choice but to switch. However I would in such a scenario use SRWare Iron. With my previous one week short usage of Google Chrome I really started to dislike it with some page compatibility issues, and with a gripe being where it installs which is completely illogical when compared to any traditional Windows installations verging on what are they trying to hide - albeit the browser is clean. :rolleyes:

I mean for example what Opera has done to their widgets lately. They've now made them separate from the main browser, and that takes up more space, ram etc.

I see what you mean. This is a trend all browser seem to be following. Firefox's next version is supposed to run plugins like Flash in a separate process like Chrome does.

Seems like the browser developers think Chrome is the one to follow. I've seen future versions of the Firefox UI and it will have tabs above the navigation bar like Opera has for years and Chrome copied. I remember when one of the biggest complaints from people switching to Opera from IE or Firefox was the tabs at the top. Now Chrome does it and all of a sudden it's this amazing idea.

Having a separate process for each tab/plugin is a good thing.

http://flashcrash.dempsky.org

If you go to this site in Firefox, the browser crashes. If you use IE, only the tab crashes.

I can't remember the last time any of my browsers crashed. It's a rarity for me.

I get why they want to go the separate process for every tab and extension route but I don't see how having twenty processes and hundreds of MB of RAM being used is a good thing to prevent something I rarely ever get (crashes).

I can't remember the last time any of my browsers crashed. It's a rarity for me.

I get why they want to go the separate process for every tab and extension route but I don't see how having twenty processes and hundreds of MB of RAM being used is a good thing to prevent something I rarely ever get (crashes).

I agree. Plus, having a crash every once in a while is no big deal. Just closing the browser and starting it again is all you have to do to fix the problem.

Having a separate process for each tab/plugin is a good thing.

http://flashcrash.dempsky.org

If you go to this site in Firefox, the browser crashes. If you use IE, only the tab crashes.

In fairness t FF though wasn't that bug reported in 2008 to adobe????

No fate but what we make