Disk investigator

realbigal

Hello all

After running CCleaner and then running Disk investigator (http://www.theabsolute.net/sware/dskinv.html). I do a search with Disk Investigator on a site that I frequent in this case ( flickr) there is a surf trail left behind. How do I delete that trail?

Thank You

realbigal

realbigal

Open CCleaner, go to Options, then Settings, scroll down and mark the dot that says Secure File Deletion, then choose an overwrite method but this will make it longer for CCleaner to complete the cleaning process.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

Open CCleaner, go to Options, then Settings, scroll down and mark the dot that says Secure File Deletion, then choose an overwrite method but this will make it longer for CCleaner to complete the cleaning process.

Thank you for the response, but i did have secure file deletion checked and overwrite at 35 times?????

Al

realbigal

Thank you for the response, but i did have secure file deletion checked and overwrite at 35 times?????

Al

That might make CCleaner take way longer to complete the cleaning process. Try doing 3 passes or 7 passes first and see if any trails remain. Good luck.

Are you saying that you already have the 35 passes option enabled and still browsing trails remain???

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

That might make CCleaner take way longer to complete the cleaning process. Try doing 3 passes or 7 passes first and see if any trails remain. Good luck.

Are you saying that you already have the 35 passes option enabled and still browsing trails remain???

Yes I do have trails remaining, if you download the Disk Investigator ( the url is in my initial post ) it is a very small program, and try the search option and look for a site that you frequently visit , and see if you have any trails, after running CCleaner. It would be interesting.

realbigal

• Moderators

that's because the second program is looking at the DAT files. After Ccleaner cleans DAT files the computer must be restarted. Feel free to come back if trails are still seen after ccleaner cleans and computer restarts.

If they are also list what browser it is you are using

Also I had a looks and disk investigator is a recovery program, ccleaner is not a security program, and does not claim to be one and thus yes, you'll be able to recover stuff with it there's plenty of talk from the "Advanced Members" here about the multipass being useless and what not

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Maybe you should look at this topic.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry161149

that's because the second program is looking at the DAT files. After Ccleaner cleans DAT files the computer must be restarted. Feel free to come back if trails are still seen after ccleaner cleans and computer restarts.

If they are also list what browser it is you are using

Also I had a looks and disk investigator is a recovery program, ccleaner is not a security program, and does not claim to be one and thus yes, you'll be able to recover stuff with it there's plenty of talk from the "Advanced Members" here about the multipass being useless and what not

Thank you for your response

My browser is internet explorer 7 I have reduced the number of write over to 7, I have also have done secure delete from Recuva in advanced mode, I have also run Clean disk Security with 7 over writes, and then have restarted my pc and they are still there, the only thing that I have not done is deep scan from recuva.

Al

realbigal