registry problem

slipknot84

Good evening,

First of all thanks for this great software. I have a problem with the registry key HCKU\Software|AppDataLow: ccleaner says that is an "obsolete software key". I delete it but when I run Internet explorer the registry key appdatalow reappears and ccleaner returns to give me the advice!

Is this a bad thing or a normal function of internet explorer? someone can help me??? O.S. Windows 7 ultimate 64bit.

Thank you very much!

I had a feeling that its always been the 32 bit version that has been having problems with certain programs. I suggest you read this thread on this link. Maybe this can help.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=8588

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

I had a feeling that its always been the 32 bit version that has been having problems with certain programs. I suggest you read this thread on this link. Maybe this can help.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=8588

When I was using regcleaner the problem was the same, I don't think that is an error related to ccleaner, but a problem related to internet explorer browser... This registry has been generated when I run internet explorer, If I don't use it i don't have problems.. any idea?

You can add it to the ignore list. However there are registry cleaners that fix certain problems but when you scan again, they reappear. CCleaner on a number of occasions detect something like this and then after you fix them, they reappear eventually.One of the reasons is that some registry keys are automatically recreated.

If it bothers you, I suggest you add it to the ignore list by going to Options>Exclude>Add Registry. If it does not significantly affect the performance of your PC, then there is very little reason to worry about it.

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

I suggest you add it to the ignore list by going to Options>Exclude>Add Registry. If it does not significantly affect the performance of your PC, then there is very little reason to worry about it.

Thanks for your advice, I though to place it in the "ignore list" 'cause it doesn't affect the performance of my pc. I would like to know what is this registry, why internet explorer generates it everytime I start the browser? some of you know what this dmnd HKCU\software\appdatalow is?

thanks.

Thanks for your advice, I though to place it in the "ignore list" 'cause it doesn't affect the performance of my pc. I would like to know what is this registry, why internet explorer generates it everytime I start the browser? some of you know what this dmnd HKCU\software\appdatalow is?

thanks.

Mate, the Registry is a complex and vast database of information that can be used to modify so many things in your computer and its found on Microsoft Operating systems. It also contains info about all your installed programs. If you go to the Start Menu and open Run, type regedit then pres ENTER, you'll see the Registry Editor but do not touch or attempt to modify any data in there unless you know what you are doing. If any important data is wrongly edited, changed or removed in the Registry, that can make your computer inoperable or something will cease to function.

The reason why the Registry needs cleaning is that some keys or data in there become invalid or corrupt. If a huge number of corrupt or invalid entries are lingering there, then your computer would supposedly have reduced performance. If you remove a program for example, its registry key remains and that needs to be removed as well so that's where the registry cleaners come into play.

I suggest you look around this forum and seek other answers if you have any more questions and doubts. You should also look for a program that can make a good backup of your Registry in case of error. Good luck.

• Moderators
You should also look for a program that can make a good backup of your Registry in case of error.

Erunt

http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/

Read the faq's of course for info first :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

The only information that I found on internet about the registry software\appdatalow is this:"This registry key is the same as \Users\username\AppData\LocalLow. It's an integral part of UAC (User Account Control). The LOW part here means that it is assigned an Integrity Level of Low. All processes are assinged one of four Integrety Levels: Low, Medium, High and System."

My question is always the same: Why this registry is it related to internet explorer browser?