Open Office 3.2

marmite

• Moderators

I just downloaded it and was pretty impressed with their servers. I was getting 2.2mb/sec the whole download.

It seemed to open my word files fine(they are just term papers, so pretty simple formatting), but the powerpoint presentation I just made that uses some of the new features of 2007(smart art, and some customized shapes) failed miserably.

It couldn't render the template, the shape, or the smart art chart.

I cant imagine it does much better with highly customized excell files. But for just word it seems ok, at least for my needs.

... the powerpoint presentation I just made that uses some of the new features of 2007(smart art, and some customized shapes) failed miserably.

Interesting to know; the article mentioned buggy Excel, but not PPP. The words " But the really big news is that now - finally - this open-source suite offers full compatibility with files created using Microsoft's Office 2007" seem to fall somewhat short of reality!

I'm trying it out now, and I was pleasantly surprised with the speed. Loads even faster than Office 2010 Beta for me! I'm really liking it so far.

With or without the Quick Launcher ?

Piriform French translator