Can we please have UNCHECK ALL in the lower right corner of Install Options?

c627627

I to always retain / use desktop icons, however a "uncheck all" option would be handy for some people in a hurry to complete the install. I for one read all that's on the screen during an install, just in case (Murphy's out there somewhere)

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"

I to always retain / use desktop icons, however a "uncheck all" option would be handy for some people in a hurry to complete the install.

1. It's easier to uncheck all > check that one option.

2. People would use uncheck all if they have a custom icon for CCleaner.

3. C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe" /AUTO is my desktop link, not the link to the program options which I set once.

I to always retain / use desktop icons, however a "uncheck all" option would be handy for some people in a hurry to complete the install. I for one read all that's on the screen during an install, just in case (Murphy's out there somewhere)

in a hurry? how long does it take a user to click 5 chkboxes>???????

No fate but what we make

in a hurry? how long does it take a user to click 5 chkboxes>???????

Good question well asked, at my age I am never in a hurry. well that's what everyone around me says. :P

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

Good question well asked, at my age I am never in a hurry. well that's what everyone around me says. :P

i take life as it comes. If ccleaner wants 5seconds of my life. so be it for a great app.

No fate but what we make

• 2 weeks later...
Giving us UNCHECK ALL would make it greater. I hope the author considers it.

do you not use any of them options then and always uncheck all???

No fate but what we make

1. People who do not allow applications to access the internet for security reasons manually *update*.

2. When they do, they UNCHECK ALL because all options are already there from the previous version they are updating. THey are *not* installing, just updating.

This is why UNCHECK ALL is essential.

1. People who do not allow applications to access the internet for security reasons manually *update*.

A generalisation. "People who do not allow applications to access the internet for security reasons" may do many things, one of which is allow trusted applications to check for updates. Other people may not.

2. When they do, they UNCHECK ALL because all options are already there from the previous version they are updating. THey are *not* installing, just updating.

Different installers behave differently. Do this with some installers on update and they'll remove unchecked items; for example, they'll remove your Start Menu short cut.

This is why UNCHECK ALL is essential.

If you can do it manually, easily and quickly, then it's 'nice to have' or at most 'very desirable' - but certainly not essential.

FWIW I'd rather just see a sensible set of default checks - I don't think that to have all options checked by default in CCleaner is desirable either. But at the end of the day the whole idea of a set of options is that you pick those that suit you.

Short and simple, and without need of any additional button, why don't leave all the options unchecked by default, instead to have all them checked by default? The Install Options says "Select any additional option", not "Deselect any additional option you do not want install" :lol:

max_sig.gif Guide in italiano per CCleaner - Recuva - Defraggler - Speccy

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I agree, I am routinely annoyed by having to uncheck 5 checkboxes.

But it isn't just 5. Every time I do an install for someone who doesn't have 5, it keeps adding up. 5, then 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, new ccleaner update, 5 more, etc.

Seems to be no end to the clicks! I would be glad for the 1 box unchecks it all.

I know what he is saying!

then dont install it, really annoys me people going on about because there suggestion was not added

the devs read the forums, if it is it is, if not get over it

would this 30 seconds of hassle tear you away from a computer is not reality

No fate but what we make

I have to agree with ident.

What I would actually like is a one-click-install with installer settings saved from the previous installation. That possible?

Simplicity is hard.

I have to agree with ident.

What I would actually like is a one-click-install with installer settings saved from the previous installation. That possible?

I agree with both of you. Save the installer settings.

Additionally, a deselect all checkmark box would be nice!

I agree with both of you. Save the installer settings.

Additionally, a deselect all checkmark box would be nice!

regardless, the suggestion has been said, lets leave it at that,

No fate but what we make

It would be a nice addon but I highly doubt it will be implemented, because it would lower the chances to install che Yahoo Toolbar, from which I suppose the program gets some profit based upon the number of installations? This would even explain the high number of updates this program requires and every one update require to re-download the whole package with the very same whole install procedure. Is this awkard?

This would even explain the high number of updates this program requires and every one update require to re-download the whole package with the very same whole install procedure. Is this awkard?

Yes because each update that ccleaner does, and lists the fixed bugs is all a big smoke screen for the toolbar.

No fate but what we make

It's hard to believe we commenced our comments on this "tickley" subject on the 11th of February, by now we should all be

"Ticked off" or is that "Not ticked off"..............you really gotta smile, then have a laugh and move on.

As ident states: regardless, the suggestion has been said, lets leave it at that

:D

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy