Deleted icon?

Mike 1025

Accidently deleted my IE dsktop default icon on my Dell XPS1730 laptop running Vista 32 bit.......can I restore it......if yes kidnly suggest.

Thanks.

Not sure on a restoring an icon (short of a full restore, a bit drastic) all I can think of is locate the .exe file and create a shortcut.

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"

I don't have a Vista machine in front of me but under XP you could customise your desktop via Display properties to add remove icons related to: My Computer, My Documents etc. Internet Explorer should be also one of them options.

Richard S.

I don't have a Vista machine in front of me but under XP you could customise your desktop via Display properties to add remove icons related to: My Computer, My Documents etc. Internet Explorer should be also one of them options.

Richard S.

Thanks Richard S........have this Vista on Dell.....Sony has XP MCE.......?

The Internet Explorer desktop icon isn't just some standard .LNK shortcut though, so if creating a standard shortcut to iexplore.exe you won't have the right click features available.

Not sure about Visa but with Win 7 a shortcut placed on my desktop had the same "right click" features. I created mine from the "start - all programs" fly out.

Why not give it a go Mike 1025 and let us know the result.

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"