How to disable the Avast "!" on the tray icon after disabling a shield!

slowday444

I dont really understand.....get it why would ya want to do this.......what are you looking to gain.....I have all running & its taking much less comit charge/ memory usage than ver. 4.8.

In the monumental Avast thread in this section, several posters complained about the "!" after disabling shields, notably IM, P2P and Email, to the point, they were doing customized reinstalls of "5" to get rid of it. I'd mentioned in that thread that it was easy to remove the "!" but that I'd have to boot my laptop to recall how I did it. Why install "5" without IM or P2P shields or disable those shields if one never partakes in such use, I say why not?

• Moderators
Monitor(s) I understand if you move this to the mega Avast thread but since it seems to be an issue I thought I'd post it separately. Just go to Settings>Status Bar>then un-tick the shield you've disabled!

If this works slowday, hats off to you as I missed that in the settings. I'm not gonna reinstall to try it, but useful information.

If this works slowday, hats off to you as I missed that in the settings. I'm not gonna reinstall to try it, but useful information.

It definitely works and IM and P2P shields were not present in services either (after days of booting too), however, having said that, since I obsess about things like this, I did the reinstall and now they are history for sure! You can still use the info for temporary shield disabling! lol

I think it was dennis who made me realize that even a reputable bit of software such as avast we can be quick to over look. I myself feel so stupid to moaning about avast when i had the option to not install services.

mike. Me myself and irean have had issues with the web shield. why??? who knows mate. I'm not about to try find out why since iv spent 3 years not running a av. Do i need a web shield? files downloaded become files opened. av ast will still find anything opened. and even with it disabled it blocked malware and stopped me accessing a site.

bit annoyed my 30k en treys in my host file didnt deny access right away

over all unticking, disabling a shield proved un effective to me

No fate but what we make