need help trying to play an ogm file with subtitle

Newhotness

ok, the files i downloaded were: .ass, .ogm, .html, and .nfo. the html is like a readme of sorts, and it suggested downloading :Ogg Direct Show Filters, Direct Vobsub, and bsplayer. originally i could play the ogm file in vlc player, but i can't figure out how to see any subtitles. once i downloaded the direct vobsub i could view the subtiltes in that program, but it looked more like an editor than a viewer, it was all in code format. if someone could please help me that would be much appreciated, all i want to do is view the movie with the subtitles. fyi: i am running win XP sp2, and i have quicktime, real, wmp, vlc, and now also the free version of bsplayer. thank you in advance.

Edit:

thankx for the help Andavari, actually i already had that filter, but it turns out i completly forgot to reinstall my divx codecs after my last format, so now it all works good, thankx again.

• Moderators

Download Ogg DirectShow Filters. Make sure you download version 0.9.9.5 Stable, since the most recent version has a bug in it that won't play audio out of the right channel.

Edit:

You could also try QuickTime Alternative (you'll have to uninstall Apple QuickTime first), or Real Alternative (you'll have to uninstall RealPlayer first).

Both QuickTime Alt and Real Alt include Media Player Classic, and if you install the Ogg DirectShow Filters Media Player Classic should also be able to play ogg's.

However I think just installing the Ogg DirectShow Filters will enable Microsoft Windows Media Player to also playback the files, however I think you'll have to either drag and drop the files onto WMP, or create a SendTo shortcut.