How not to delete user names and passwords

subdiver

Ignore CCleaner for a minute, if you enter a user and password in IE, the close IE, reopen IE and go back to that site does it remember your credentials?

If not then IE is fundamentally where the problem lies. Have a look at this article ... http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009...icle.asp?ID=348

I must admit, even though all of my registry entries and IE Options appear to be set correctly, I can't get saved form passwords to work. I don't use it normally and originally answered 'no' to saving passwords - but now in investigating this thread it doesn't seem to want to turn back on.

If I use another clean user it's fine, so it would appear that something is not being properly reset in my normal user. There are loads of articles on google about people having similar problems.

• Moderators
I should never update any programms, bevore I had no problems with CCleaner at all <_<

What did you change with the update? It must have to do something with that damn update.

Apologies if you've already said this, but it's a long thread. Are you saying that a previous version worked for you, but now won't because the new version has changed something?

If that's the case, try completely removing CCleaner and do a fresh, clean install. So as not to lose your settings, check the "Save all settings to INI file" box in "Options\Advanced".

Go into the CCleaner folder, "C:\Program Files\CCleaner", and copy the INI file to a safe location. When you reinstall CCleaner, copy the INI file back to the CCleaner folder.

This might enable the older version to work for you again.

Ignore CCleaner for a minute, if you enter a user and password in IE, the close IE, reopen IE and go back to that site does it remember your credentials?

If not then IE is fundamentally where the problem lies. Have a look at this article ... http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009...icle.asp?ID=348

I must admit, even though all of my registry entries and IE Options appear to be set correctly, I can't get saved form passwords to work. I don't use it normally and originally answered 'no' to saving passwords - but now in investigating this thread it doesn't seem to want to turn back on.

If I use another clean user it's fine, so it would appear that something is not being properly reset in my normal user. There are loads of articles on google about people having similar problems.

If I log in and close out a site and go back later that day it DOES remember name and password. The deletion comes from when I run CCleaner v 2.29.1111 and even previous versions.

I use CCleaner maybe once a week along with IE8 deleting browser history just before I do my weekly back-up.

I can live with it but it is rather annoying to re-enter name and password to my favorite five tech forums.

Born have you tryed unticking every Browser checkbox??? Including non supported browsers. Might sound a strange thing un checking un associated chks but might help narrow it down

1: log in sites

2: close browser

3: reopen browser checking still logged in

4: close browser

5: uncheck all browser chks

6: run ccleaner

7: check login

8: report back

No fate but what we make

Born have you tryed unticking every Browser checkbox??? Including non supported browsers. Might sound a strange thing un checking un associated chks but might help narrow it down

1: log in sites

2: close browser

3: reopen browser checking still logged in

4: close browser

5: uncheck all browser chks

6: run ccleaner

7: check login

8: report back

Where do you #5 uncheck all browser checks?

Isn't it 'Autocomplete form history'?

You can also configure IE's behaviour via Internet Options / Content / Settings.

Found the solution:

Go into CCleaner/options/cookies/and there is where you highlight the ones you want to save and add it to the cookies to keep in the right column. I know this works as I have tested it.

• 2 weeks later...
Apologies if you've already said this, but it's a long thread. Are you saying that a previous version worked for you, but now won't because the new version has changed something?

If that's the case, try completely removing CCleaner and do a fresh, clean install. So as not to lose your settings, check the "Save all settings to INI file" box in "Options\Advanced".

Go into the CCleaner folder, "C:\Program Files\CCleaner", and copy the INI file to a safe location. When you reinstall CCleaner, copy the INI file back to the CCleaner folder.

This might enable the older version to work for you again.

Can older versions of the program be downloaded and if so where do I get them?

I was running ver 2.29.111 with IE8 and have the same problems reported with version 2.28.

• 8 years later...
  • Moderators

Threadcomancy is a lost art.  This is an old thread, if you're trying to aid them; if you are, instead, trying to ask something, please start a new thread and provide much more information.

1 hour ago, ederangelo said:

it is way

remove delete cooks

ccleaner delete my passwords .png

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Nergal locked this topic