Sata/Raid Controller Drivers

Pujec

Hi Guys & Gals, I have a Presario Sr2019uk Desktop, Motherboard is A8M2N.La, with a Nvidia Chipset, I am considering installing Windows 7 on to a new blank Hard Disk will i need a Floppy Disk with Sat/Raid Controller Drivers.

Hi Guys & Gals, I have a Presario Sr2019uk Desktop, Motherboard is A8M2N.La, with a Nvidia Chipset, I am considering installing Windows 7 on to a new blank Hard Disk will i need a Floppy Disk with Sat/Raid Controller Drivers.

Well it my depend on what this new drive is, SATA or IDE. You won't install Windows from a floppy drive as such.

My laptop has a SATA drive with Vista on it. I decided to install WinXP but when the CD runs it says it can't find the drive. I have a SATA drive on my desktop and WinXP goes on there without any problem.

I believe there are floppy drivers made by the manuafcturer. When you install WinXP it says press either F2 or F6 to install thrid party drivers but I searched for them and never found any.

I'm presuming your Win7 is on a CD? What happens when you try to install?

WinXP SP3 and Vista Home Premium SP2

Well it my depend on what this new drive is, SATA or IDE. You won't install Windows from a floppy drive as such.

My laptop has a SATA drive with Vista on it. I decided to install WinXP but when the CD runs it says it can't find the drive. I have a SATA drive on my desktop and WinXP goes on there without any problem.

I believe there are floppy drivers made by the manuafcturer. When you install WinXP it says press either F2 or F6 to install thrid party drivers but I searched for them and never found any.

I'm presuming your Win7 is on a CD? What happens when you try to install?

Hi, Thanks for your reply,the new Drive is a Sata, I dont want to install with the Floppy, when i installed XP I had a floppy with the Sata drivers on, F6 ,Floppy in, all installed Ok. Win 7 is on a disk, I have`nt

tried to install yet.

the motherboard on my desktop has 4 Sata ports, I recently updated the BIOS ,& the Nvidia chipset, & the Nvidia Sata Drivers, the reason for my enquiry was that 2 or 3 people said I would need a Floppy

with Sata Controllers drivers on it. I have been the the Nvida site, they now scan your computer which will give you a list of drivers that you require, which i have installed.

I can`t get a definite YES or NO answer from forum sites & other media sites, as to whether i do need a Floppy Disk. Regards.

• 2 months later...

Windows 7 found my sata raid stripe array no problems, i would recommend you format the hard drive / raid before you install windows 7 onto it though as W7 likes to create a seperate partition for you if unpartitioned so it can create one for Windows and one for backup and bitlocker which isnt needed as it will go same place as vista. Its nothing major on RAID but is on 1 hard drive, especially if you plan on creating backup partitions etc.. personally im quite weary of permanent system partitions and viruses etc anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Windows 7 does not require you to have a floppy disk drive. My test PC (dual boot Win 7 & XP Pro) has NO floppy, 2 IDE HD's and 2 SATA HD's with no issues at all. Should one have some unusual accessory you wish to install / fit to your laptop ? or a desk top that the drives need to be on a floppy disk (not sure what) then worse case scenario use a USB Floppy disk drive. I have an old USB FD from an old iMac that I have been guilty of using twice in the last 3 years.

My 2 other PC's have no Floppy Disk drives at all fitted, 1 with XP Pro and 1 with Server 2008.

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

FLOPPY DISC? What is that? :blink::lol: yeah . . . but in all seriousness most computers don't even have floppy disc drives anymore so you're fine

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com