Resize Firefox URL bar - help please

kaybee

I am running Windows Vista and Firefox v3.6 and I wish to reduce the size of the URL/Location/Address bar as, at present, it is flexible and is currently enormous and masks the picture on my chosen 'persona'!

I have visited this website: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/forum/1/529151?s=re%20size%20address%20location%20bar and followed (hopefully) the instructions, but nothing happens - the URL box is still the same size no matter what size parameters I input. I realise that the instructions are for FF v3.5.6, and wonder if that's why - or is it me doing something wrong?

I've gone to %APPDATA% and located ...... "myusername"\appdata\roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\profiles\p9v71983.default\chrome\ ..... and created the userchrome.css file and typed in "#urlbar, #urlbar-container {min-width: 400px !important; max-width: 400px !important;}", saved the file and restarted Firefox - but nothing changes!

Am I not typing in something I should - or vice versa? :unsure:

As you can tell I am 'non-tecchie' ! :o

Hoping you can help :rolleyes:

I do know that you can click the area between the URL and the Search bar and drag it left and right to resize both of them. So I feel like if you move the URL to the left, the Search bar will come with it. So I'm not sure if that will help you in any way.

AJ

• Moderators
I do know that you can click the area between the URL and the Search bar and drag it left and right to resize both of them. So I feel like if you move the URL to the left, the Search bar will come with it.

I didn't know that was possible. Now my Google search has a bit more room! Good tip.

I do know that you can click the area between the URL and the Search bar and drag it left and right to resize both of them. So I feel like if you move the URL to the left, the Search bar will come with it. So I'm not sure if that will help you in any way.

AJ

Thanks for your suggestion, unfortunately I am trying to clear the area - rather than resize the URL bar and have it replaced by something else.

i wouldnt bother with persona imo, In Firefox 3.6 Personas no longer supports 3rd party themes. if ur using it just because u want a bg image on tool bar just add this to the css

/* #Region ToolBar Edits */
findbar,
#navigator-toolbox,
.tabbrowser-tabs {
-moz-appearance: none !important;
background-image: url("file:///C:/WINDOWS/FireFoxCamo.png") !important;
}
/* #Region End ToolBar Edits */

add #status-bar, under findbar if u want it to overlay status bar.

your code is fine, but it would also resize the search box. you need to add spaces. The code is for up to 3.5.7,

il try write it for 3.6 but im not using it.

No fate but what we make

sorry i never got back to you. i admit i forgot. In future if you struggle with userchrome in ff, go to google and type

site:userstyles.org "Query"

(site:userstyles.org urlbar resize)

Instead of space you could make your bg none like the screenie

2a9se4g.png

No fate but what we make