Firefox 3.6 out

ident

• Moderators
Personally - it seems faster - some of my add-ons are broken - but that happens every so often with the newer releases.

On both the desktop PC and the laptop it said AdBlock Plus: Element Hiding Helper v1.0.6 and Dr.Web anti-virus link checker v1.0.21 were incompatible with Firefox 3.6. Since I have both .XPI installers on disk I dragged them onto the Firefox window and it installed them with no fussing. Strange. And they're both usable too.

extensions.checkCompatibility = false in about:config.

Useful trick. :)

IE addon and tabmix plus wont work even with that. IE wont even attempt to run and tabmix will not function properly.

Other then that works great.

Accept i got to update all my css in userchrome now :/

No fate but what we make

• Moderators
extensions.checkCompatibility = false in about:config.

Useful trick. :)

I didn't do that and don't have it implemented, it was some quirk or something. Last year I tried that once with an old theme I liked, but it really wasn't fully compatible and had issues so I'll never try to override the compatibility with that trick again.

Well I have just spent the last hour trying to work out why I've not been able to post replies here using anything other than the 'Fast reply' box since updating, turns out FF3.6 has a bug that screws up the rich text editor on Invision message boards:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=541374

If anyone else has the problem a workaround is to switch to the standard text editor, either in 'My controls' at the top of the page or click the double arrow button at the top right of the reply box ;)

Well I have just spent the last hour trying to work out why I've not been able to post replies here using anything other than the 'Fast reply' box since updating, turns out FF3.6 has a bug that screws up the rich text editor on Invision message boards:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=541374

If anyone else has the problem a workaround is to switch to the standard text editor, either in 'My controls' at the top of the page or click the double arrow button at the top right of the reply box ;)

Thanks !

The problem is there since the early 3.6 builds, ant it's really annoying.

Piriform French translator

Well apparently the bug is with the forum itself not Firefox and the forum software needs updating:

From my point of view this is probably a problem with used message board

software IPBoard 2.3.6, which reached EndOfLifecyle in the mean time. The

newest IPBoard 3.0.5 works fine with Rich Text Editor and FF 3.6. You can prove

it with a free demo installation:

http://www.invisionpower.com/products/demo.php

Best regards Michael

Thanks !

The problem is there since the early 3.6 builds, ant it's really annoying.

Many thanks for the heads up, I shall stay with 3.5.7 until the bugs are ironed out. In a previously life we were always 1 version old (at least) with all software, "let the others work out the issues" they used to say.

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"