have a few issues

uslolds

i have ccleaner but dont know how to use it! its picking up registry files that needs to be fixed dont know what to do cuz i was told one wrong move then our computer is wiped out! second under startup under tools i dont know what can be uncheck and everything still works! i am taking up more processors then it did when it was brand new, i dont understand & dont know what to do? when i 1st got it it was taking up about 40% now its 52% +? please help

thank u so much

uslolds :(

i have ccleaner but dont know how to use it! its picking up registry files that needs to be fixed dont know what to do cuz i was told one wrong move then our computer is wiped out! second under startup under tools i dont know what can be uncheck and everything still works! i am taking up more processors then it did when it was brand new, i dont understand & dont know what to do? when i 1st got it it was taking up about 40% now its 52% +? please help

thank u so much

If you don't understand the registry, don't use it ;-).

Take a screen shot (if you know how) of your "startup" and we can tell you what can be disabled based on your computer habits ?

Yeah, show a screenshot of your situation there and show it so we can see it and tell you what you can do.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

thank u so much

You were told right. I've had nothing but problems using reg cleaners. Why? because I don't understand the registry and am unable to make wise decisions about what to "clean" and what to leave alone. Extra entries in your registry does not harm your system at all. Get rid of your temp files and cookies and internet history and MRUs - if you must. BUT leave the registry alone until such time as you have achieved a high level of expertise.

OR - Use ERUNT to back up the registry BEFORE you destroy it so you can put it back IF you can get into your system up and running again. :D