Add defrag with CC cleaner

vickky17

Vickky, I agree with Aethec that you can do the best job if you operate these 2 apps in tandem.

Piriform could put them together, but each one really works best with some TLC applied to specific details. People slur over the details anyway, and, more often than not, miss out on some of the best potential of the programs.

Especially now that we have Wipe Free Space included with CCleaner, these apps have become really powerful. I've been testing the possibilities of Wipe Free Space, which is a pretty serious challenge to some excellent programs such as Heidi's Eraser. I think especially 64-bit users may migrate from Eraser to CCleaner's Wipe Free Space.

But these apps do require some very individual attention by the user. If Defraggler were combined with CCleaner, I think it would tend to result in a more blurry-than-ever quick-and-dirty clean for a lot of people. I know that my own biggest frustration in attempting to help people is that the majority simply will not take the time or turn on their brains sufficiently to do a good job. They seem to be more willing to pay computer fixers $100 or $200 every few months to clean their systems of debris and malware.

I don't know if my thinking is the same as the Piriform People's. But in my opinion, you're better to simply run these programs in tandem. You can add in TuneUp Utilities, if you like, and also of course you have Windows' own built-in Clean Manager (cleanmgr.exe in your System32—you can set up a shortcut for that and you can use "sage run" to have it automatically clean every partition on a multi-partition system if you check out http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315246 ).

(Actually CCleaner makes much of Clean Manager's work redundant or obsolete, but redundancies are not always a bad thing in computer management.)

Enjoy.

Hi,

Please Add defrag with CC cleaner with few more the options like smart scheduling and weekend clean.

Thanks

Vickky

why? i want ccleaner not defrag. why bloat an app with sceduling when its already in m$ os.

No fate but what we make